New version of UnigineEditor

photo

Wacom pressure/size support for painting terrain and layers/textures.

Multi user support for clients working simultaneously with syncing of environment or updates.

• Support for VS 2010 with logging and intelli-sence
  • +1 for animation editor
  • Cut/video editor like UDK's
  • +1 rotate / flip texture and resize in editor not just during import
  • Integration of code widget support for like (python) eg drag and drop code widget to art asset to bind.
  • Asset management system would be amazing with version control

Also, Terrain system would be good to finish off like UDK's or C4 - addressing the terrain layer limitations is required max of four is not adequate at a minimum 8 layers. I have used engines where is up to 16 layers, I believe ledwerks is now 32 layers. Would be good to see the terrain system given another round of love :-)

<ol>

<li>main editor system remains using unigine script for easier modify/adding functionality to editor.</li>

<li>ability to switch node from reference to normal node and vice versa, and switched node remains same children position</li>

<li>ability to batch add some node as selected nodes' child and set it's local transform.</li>

<li>more numbers precision or can set numbers precision. ( currently numbers are limited by 3 numbers after dot)</li>

<li>ability to set absolute height value when painting on terrain</li>

<li>Scintilla based script editor with qt with intellisense , class member auto complete, variable auto complete</li>

</ol>

<p> </p>

-Multi Layer Realtime brush Mask painting of Grass/clutter/cluster in the terrain editor for placement of these assets (like cryengine and unity)

-Road placement and editing via splines similar to Cryengine.

-More brushes in the terrain editor (noise type brushes) for painting rocky and irregular surfaces, perhaps even user assignable brushes that use an image as the basis for the brush.

-locking of selected terrain verts with mask - ie: where a mask is painted, the terrain verts will not move, however adjacent ones will move as normal.

-Procedural generation of detail texture placement based on slope angles for terrain

• Like 1

- bezier spline creation and editing in editor for camera and object paths - this is so overdue - snap to surface also important for this.

- Cut scene editor.

- Improvement to the Resource editor to bring in correctly mapped and textured obj dae etc.. (maybe it should be implemented into the main editor).

- -Multi Layer Realtime brush Mask painting of Grass/clutter/cluster in the terrain editor for placement of these assets (like cryengine and unity) (seconding Shane on that)

- a better implementation of day/night turning on of emission maps (ie tickbox in material editor)

• Like 1

The artists here are compiling a list....

Out of Curiousity how will Qt and fullscreen interact?

My list

1) Mechanism for extending the node system and providing custom controls for the artists. (I have hacked this into the existing version of the editor -- but having it there from the get-go would make my life a lot easier) - I can provide screenshots/code of what I already have working.

2)Drag and drop assets from OS file manager. (on the fly conversion of assets currently handled by ResourceEditor ImageDDS would be even better).

3) Support for some sort of high order spline primative (not linear) and the ability to edit it in editor.

From Phil (one of our artists)...

1) Material preview in a local Material Edit

2) Separate Color multipliers for each material channel. Separate color multiplier for Specular being most important.

3) A Node based material editor -> see Aviary or Unreal Material Editor.

4) Make the Reference editing system more robust. In particular Cancelling a reference edit has unwanted side effects.

5) Make it possible to change sound files for SoundSource objects in the editor.

6) A flow graph system -> see Sandbox

7) highlight values when tabbing into a field so that you don't have to select text manually and get rid of it before making a change.

1] Default visualizer grid for easy manipulation of nodes in the editor

post-41-0-42150200-1317188041_thumb.png

2] Support of different view selection for nodes / whole world.

3] Multiple views support. With except perspective all other render settings will be skipped in other viewports.

We will discuss about more features and will let all know.

• Like 1

- +1 to spline editor;

- grid/object/spline snapping;

- align button similar to 3dsmax;

- ability to set rotate/scale/translate values in single click - input fields docked to viewport like in MotionBuilder or tiny edit windows via shortcut/right click;

- +1 for cut scene editor - animation blending, merging, splitting (i.e. for legs and torso), cutting;

- 'Bug feedback' button that grabs all needed information, takes a screenshot and sends back to unigine.com;

Simple toogle for "preview" and "edit" within the editor. Currently, especially when working with physics, objects get accidentally saved in a new position after working in the editor. This also happens with objects moving along splines. Even a dialog saying "Objects have moved from their original location, are you sure you want to save" would be a good step.

+1 cut scene editor

+1 node based material editor

Better way (more visual) to attach joints (suspention and wheel) to the object (car)

Liquid (fluid) manipulation

+1 road plecement and editor

River placement/editor

My list :

1) particle editor

2) material editor (can be use by artists)

3) anim editor

4) spline editor

5) gui editor

6) Make a system for each data (textures for example) an adaptation for an better compatibility according to the platform (convert image to pvr if i want iPhone export or dds if i want dekstop export)

7) An very good script editor (color,automatic implementation, access to the help)

with regards to 7)

any good C++ editor will do 95% of Uniginescript correctly (in terms of syntax highlighting) (foreach, forloop and foreachkey, class.extern being the only exceptions I have found so far).

I have posted a uniginescript file for the last few releases that with an #ifdef trick will provide code completion for almost any C++ editor but not actually run in Unigine.

I am using KDevelop on linux. I know some people are using Eclipse succesfully. Can somebody from the VisualC++ camp or other editors confirm if my script is working?

@danni.coy

Of course, every IDE can be make a good uscript editor, (i use XCode). But for example just the possibility when you clic on uscript method have the definition of the method, can be more helpful, but yes we can switch your screen for open chm.

If you work an other IDE everytime you switch for launch Unigine show the result, return to your ide, a lot of switch ...

Too, if you create your class to have an detection of your class, their methods, their attributes can be help to develop more quickly.

We can imagine if it's an uscript editor he can detect the error before you launch unigine.

It's for that i say a VERY good uscript editor, because the other IDE it's good for 95%, but the 5% can be increase the speed developement

If you work an other IDE everytime you switch for launch Unigine show the result, return to your ide, a lot of switch ...

I typically run a 2 screen setup with Unigine on one screen and the ide on the second (make sure you set engine.app.setUpdate(0)). A backspace in the editor is all that is required to see the results. You can avoid even this for a lot of code by prototyping inside a world expression you just need to include a file that is in your IDE; make a whitespace change in the expression statement and defocus the node editor to get instant feedback on your code. (this could be done a little more cleanly).

Too, if you create your class to have an detection of your class, their methods, their attributes can be help to develop more quickly.

see my point about the uniginescript.h file that I released the version before this. It implements the Uniginescript language and all built in classes/functions as a C++ header (that you can prevent Unigine from parsing at runtime). You should be able to use this to access all built-in classes,members,functions via code completion. I would be at the very least interested in finding out whether this file works with XCode.

[edit] release new version based on latest ungine-build[/edit]

https://developer.unigine.com/forum/topic/861-latest-version-of-uniginescripth-code-completion-support-for-uniginescript/

We can imagine if it's an uscript editor he can detect the error before you launch unigine.

That would be cool.

Think of this as me letting you know some options that might make coding for unigine a bit easier today than me telling you that there isn't any value in having a really good built in code editor.

is there any planned feature of new ungine editor and new function list?

Some of them were included into roadmap for 2011:

Tools:

* Asset manager

* Cut-scene editor

* Animation editor

* Multi-monitor support in UnigineEditor

* Improved brushes in UnigineEditor

* Live edit on target platforms

* Improved batch export from 3D editors

...but it seems that there will be more (flowgraph etc)

Regarding the built-in text editor: we don't plan to make a full-capable text editor for UnigineEditor, sorry.

The plan is to take a look at what can be improved in terms of better integration with popular editors.