Rope only gets attached after changing size of Particle Joint in Community 2.16.1 (in editor)

photo

Strange bug or maybe I am just doing it wrong? But I followed pretty much the tutorial:

• Create cylinder mesh and make it dynamic.
  • Add rope body to dynamic cylinder mesh.
  • Create a cube with dummy body, ShapeBox and JointParticles with rope body connected to it and part of cylinder positioned inside cube.
  • Start physics sim. Rope falls through the box to the ground.
  • Stop sim, go back to JointParticles of the cube and change something like the size of the Particle Joint.
  • Start physics sim. Rope is attached now!?

I wrote (in editor) because I haven't tested it from script yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ashtorak,

Thank you for your bug report, we successfully reproduced this issue, I've added it to our internal bugtracker and we'll try to fix it in upcoming release

Thanks

• Like 1

Thanks. I hope, it will be fixed soon. It's hard enough to work with ropes as you can't copy paste anything. It would be nice if one could at least copy the parameters. That would also help in general with physics components.

Man, this feature is really hard to work with currently. It took me close to two hours just to reposition two ropes. Joints seem really bugged. Sometimes it only would work when re-doing the whole rope.