Grass Object >>> multiple meshes for intersection

photo

I am putting a grassobject on top of multiple meshes.

How can I activate all meshes for intersection with the grass >> so that the grass grows on the surfaces of all meshes?

Thx.

Werer

Hmm. I am building a ground surface using many different meshes, imaging a lot of different ground objects to form the landscape. I want to grow the grass on top of all of them.

I cant imagine to merge all of those objects.

How would I achieve that? probably I need to copy the grass object and place them under every mesh object to grow on (in the hirarchy)?

best.

Werner

Multiple grass objects will reduce performance, so it's not recommended to go with this approach.

You can try select multiple meshes inside Editor and export them into a single .mesh file. Or prepare this mesh in 3rd party DCC tool and import as mesh mask for grass. That should do the trick.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Okay. Will try that.
Btw I not using a mesh mask!!
I just want the grass to grow on the object (as a collision object when generating the grass position >> the grass sits on that surfaces).

Then I use image based masks for the areas where the grass is actually growing.

But I need the grass to sit on top of those surfaces.

Edited by werner.poetzelberger

OK, now I got what you want to achieve :) You can ignore mesh mask option.

However, you would need to combine this ground surfaces to a single mesh anyways, since Object Grass can intersect with only a single object at once (with a single parent node - either terrain or mesh).

Or you can try to use a separate grass object for each mesh (possible performance issues).

• Thanks 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: