[SOLVED] Crash in preprocessor

photo

Hello,

I have a material which causes a crash in the Unigine_x64.dll . It consistently happens when I use the debug version of the editor, in the release version it occasionally succeeds to compile. I believe that the crash happens inside the shader preprocessor :death_in_preprocessor.thumb.PNG.c6969ceee4af00f572ec18e305f7f6fb.PNG

Reproduction:

1. Create an empty Unigine Script only project (I have used the Float version with the Development runtime)
  2. Copy the attached material folder into the projects data folder
  3. In the launch_editor.bat file line 3, replace bin\Editor_x64.exe with bin\Editor_x64d.exe
  4. run launch_editor.bat - at this point the editor may crash already. If not continue
  5. create a child of the smoke_box.ulon
  6. click on created child - now it should crash

I suppose the crash is happening while the editor tries to preview the material. Once the material has been successfully compiled with the release version before, it also runs in the debug version as well. I guess that is because the compiled materials are cached somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

Helmut

material_smokemeshdynamic.zip

Hello bmyagkov,

Sorry I forgot to mention that. Its 2.16.0.1 Engineering.

I also should have mentioned that the shaders are in hlsl - I am using the Windows (DX11) render backend.

Thanks for looking into this.

Helmut

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, helmut.bressler said:

Hello bmyagkov,

Sorry I forgot to mention that. Its 2.16.0.1 Engineering.

I also should have mentioned that the shaders are in hlsl - I am using the Windows (DX11) render backend.

Thanks for looking into this.

Helmut

Helmut, please just add a new empty line in the end of "smoke_objdynamic_ps.hlsl" and you are good to go :)

Thanks!

• silent changed the title to [SOLVED] Crash in preprocessor