Some Blending modes causing troubles....

photo

I experience some blending mode ... issues. In this case Alpha blend works, overlay and multi not. add doesnt do what it should.

I guess there is a certain logic which I need to follow?

To explain what I do:
I create a Sandworm Terrain and an additional Layer map wich holds more detailled Heightmap, I import as well an additional Albedo Texture.
The Detail Materials I want to apply only to that layer atm.

I create a couple of detail Materials which should also take the color texture from this layer map. The blending modes for these layers and the Albedo color does not have any effect, exept the details are layed over each other via the masks as expected and also correctly displayed.

The thing which is missing, is the influence of the Albedo texture of the layer onto the detail materials. 

Or do I have a missunderstanding of how these blending modes work?

https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.16/objects/objects/terrain/landscape_terrain/landscape_layer_map?rlang=cpp

image.thumb.png.27b924696d5bfcac2c035482287173a5.png

best.w.

Edited by werner.poetzelberger

If I want to achieve the effect, that the overall Albedo Color of a layer map is blended with the details, do I need to create an additional layermap on top and blend the layermap with the others? 
Will try that.

Lots of things to consider, lots of data and layers ;).

Best. Werner

Hello!

Werner, please correct me if I'm wrong but as I understand you want to somehow improve the albedo data by blending it with a details textures - is that right assumption?

If so, then the only way to do this it's use "Mask By Albedo" feature on the details parameters tab as it shown on image below:

image.png

image.png

The thing which is missing, is the influence of the Albedo texture of the layer onto the detail materials. 

The truth is that the albedo and masks (which is affected by details) are working as a separate things in the engine, so I guess playing with mask blending mode does not have effect as you expected since mask data will blend only with another mask data of layers below or above according on their order.

Hi, from my experience, the thing is that "Mask by albedo" only works with a mask value being not 0. If Mask_0 is black mask By Albedo does nothing, if it has some values, Mask by albedo will work only on these non black values, logically

If you want to be able to use Mask By Albedo everywhere (like applying some "default" detail materials everywhere masked by albedo), you should have a fully white mask covering all your lmap.

And of course, you should pick a color for the Mask By albedo to sample against for the detailMaterial (ie grey value for gravels), otherwise this feature is deactivated. (more convenient to switch viewport to albedo only before picking a color sample and switch of the current Mask in the Details pannel)

• Like 1

Thanks for that. I figured it out by trial and error.
It is really nice feature i have to say as it is quite interactive.

Still have to figure out how to blend all that all together. 
I think a better way for combining Albedo and details is the Decal which I would blend over.
There is way more easier control for the pure color blending, I can use seperate alpha aso.

Lot to discover but its great so far!!

Edited by werner.poetzelberger
  • Like 1