[SOLVED] Build Failed after upgrading 2.15.1 project to 2.16

photo

Hi Everyone, 

The 2.16 update looks really really great, however upon upgrading my existing 2.15.1 project to 2.16 using the new SDK browser 2 the build fails at runtime. Find attached a screenshot of the console. I hope this is an easy fix!

image.thumb.png.57568ce640c72b495fce0d458c4c98d9.png

Many thanks, 

Ben

Hi Ben,

Yes, API changed a bit between 2.15.1 and 2.16, so you need to update your code manually.

This error is quite easy to fix, just replace AppEditorLogic.Render() with AppEditorLogic.Render(EngineWindow window).

We also do recommend to download and install the latest version (2.16.0.1 hotfix release) to avoid some nasty bugs with Editor physics simulation.

Thanks!

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi Silent, 

Thanks for getting back to me,

Again - I am a big noob with anything coding related so will need a bit more guidance - where do I find the code I need to replace AppEditorLogic.Render() with Render(EngineWindow window) ?

Ben

Looking at the filepath it seems like its the AppEditorLogic.cs script I need to replace the code in. However I cannot find AppEditorLogic.Render().

Here is a screenshot of the script, I would appreciate if you could tell me where I need to replace.

image.thumb.png.3750bf9773660753642d33e626a171d9.png

Many thanks, 

Ben

Perfect, thanks Silent - all resolved and working as expected now. I also had to replace the first person controller with one from a 2.16 project file to get it working.

Many thanks, 

Ben 

• Like 1
  • silent changed the title to [SOLVED] Build Failed after upgrading 2.15.1 project to 2.16