Sound 5.1 channel

photo

The speaker is set to 5.1 channel and the system outputs well when tested.
However, in Unigine, it seems to be output only on 2 channels.
I want to know how to play on Unigine as 5.1 channel.

Hello!

@modori Out of the box there is only 2 channel output are supported at the moment. So, with a sound setup as shown below it will play only in two speakers. In terms to have a surround sound, configuration should be switched to stereo and HRTF is also need to be activated from editor.

Thanks!

Capture.JPG

The speaker settings are well set to 5.1 channel.
I checked if the 5.1 channel is working well in other software.
However, when HRTF is enabled on Unigine, sound is not played on the rear speakers.

I would like to ask if there is a way to use 5.1 channels or if there is an update plan.

Thank you.

이미지 1333.png

Hello!

@modori Simultaneously you can have sound from the engine only within two channels. It's engine itself restriction.

Even so, you can use FMOD plugin (Samples -> 3rd party -> Sounds -> C# FMODCore) which is has been recently added. It will gives you the ability to have surround sound but the signal can come only from two speakers at the same time.

For example - if sound source will be in front of you then sound will only come from the front speakers. If sound source will be behind - sound will come only from rear speakers.

image_2022_07_14T08_31_18_022Z.png

if there is an update plan.

I will create a ticket regarding this on our internal bug tracker with a high priority at this moment. I can't give you any ETA on this but can guarantee that we will come back to this issue as soon as possible.

Thanks!