New SDK Browser 2 (Experimental)

Introducing a new SDK Browser 2 (experimental), completely reworked from scratch, supporting the complete set of features of the previous version with improved safety, robustness, and extended functionality to support additional features. And the cherry on the cake is the ability to minimize SDK Browser to the System Tray.

sdk_bro.jpg

New SDK Browser 2 is considered experimental, as a set of new features is yet to be added along with further UX improvements, but it is fully functional and you can already use it to work with your UNIGINE projects starting from version 2.9 and higher.

Here is a quick video guide about working with the new SDK Browser 2:

New browser is available for downloading in the Downloads section.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Lots of good stuff. Tray!

My biggest complaints about project creation are all the "bloatware" :) in an "empty" project, and that "Template" isn't user managed.

I have different sets of System Logic and World Logic templates I use. I should be able to put these in a folder in the SDK Browser and have that folder show up in templates. Even `main` should be able to come from this folder.

Along the same lines, (though this is probably wishful thinking), a drop-down for "Base Component" would really be amazing! ->

`class MyBaseComponent : Component {} `

Selecting "MyBaseComponent" in the dropdown would make the new components inherit from My...  

// Unigine->New Class

`class NewOne : MyComponent{}`

In fact, multiple bases could be maintained and offered as options whenever creating a new component.

BTW: Any way to get this to work with the window-manager build?

Edited by Tessalator
BTW

BTW: Any way to get this to work with the window-manager build?

You can try to manually add existing SDK, but if that will not work - there is no way to do it, I'm afraid.

Regarding user-based templates - it's interesting idea, added it to our backlog. Maybe we will return to it in the future :)

Along the same lines, (though this is probably wishful thinking), a drop-down for "Base Component" would really be amazing! ->

If you have some ideas how to make C# Component System, don't hesitate to create a new topic in the feedback section, so it would not lost in the middle of the another discussions.

Thanks! 

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: