[Unigine 2.6.1] Content loaded from disk during session

photo

Hello,

Let's say we have a very large world with a lot of content in version 2.6.1.

After that the world has finished loading, according to the task manager, there are still some loading that is being done from disk during a normal use-case, when we navigate in the world.

I guess this is some kind of cache for the textures/meshes. Is there anyway to cache everything during world initialization to completely prevent disk access during simulation in 2.6?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Karim,

Generally it's not possible to eliminate all the additional loads from disk.

Most of the spikes occurs because of the incomplete shader cache, so you can do warm-up before actual scene loading (just move camera around your level and let the shader cache to be generated) - you can also check warming up process in Superposition sources and implement similar logic on your side.

You also can increase textures / meshes limits, so they will be unloaded less frequent:

• world_manager_meshes_memory (in MB of RAM)
  • render_manager_meshes_memory (in % of VRAM memory)
  • render_manager_textures_memory (in % of VRAM memory)

You can also experiment with quite dangerous commands that disables async loading of meshes and textures:

• render_manager_create_textures
  • render_manager_create_meshes

But in that case you may expect crashes if there will be too many textures / meshes and you will hit the VRAM limits.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

I've just checked out the Superposition source code and couldn't find the warm-up mechanism. Can you please specify in which file(s) this is implemented?

Thanks

Ok found it.

I will take a look at it, and try experimenting with the render_manager commands and will keep you up to date.

Thanks