[SOLVED] AppWall with IG

photo

Hi, I'm trying to display an IG on a 3x2 wall display.

My command line is: -width 3 -height 2 -extern_plugin "AppWall,IG,CigiConnector"

But I only get two black windows... I was hoping this would simply create 6 windows (one per screen) and the windows would form a single image, as if I had one large window that occupy all the screens (I don't want to control the viewports independently).

Am I using this wrong? If I use a single window with video_fullscreen 1 then the image is only present on one of the 6 screens. What should I do?

Thanks!

This is a single PC with two GPU, and 6 Display port outputs to 6 Screens.

I aim to have a "fullscreen" setup covering all 6 screens, showing to the user a single seamless image (no window borders).

In order to make AppWall to work you need to connect all the six monitors to a single GPU. Multiple GPU output will not work. In that case framerate would be really low.

Alternative option is to use 2 separate engine instances running on a single PC (each instance will use it's own GPU) and in that case you need to connect 3 monitors for each GPU. In that case you can use Syncker screen configure tool.

For 2 engines on a single PC setup you need much more powerful CPU and more RAM :)

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Ok, I changed the setup to use only one GPU and one PC: a 1x3 (1 row, 3 columns). So I don't need to use syncker configuration.

But I still get 3 black screen. Do I need to do anything beyond the command line (code?)

I can see the "loading world .... 100%" but right after everything is black.

Nevermind, the launch script was still using -sync* command line parameters and the AppWall does not like that.

I removed all -sync* commands and now I can see the IG spread over my image wall correctly!

So my immediate issue is solved, but for future reference, does this mean AppWall is incompatible with a IG with master and slaves? (hence requiring a sync_view and sync_master in the command line) ?

hello! 

to work with AppWal you can specify a name for each monitor.
I checked the work in this configuration - everything works as expected

for primary

-extern_plugin "AppWall,IG,CIGIConnector" -sync_master 1 -sync_count 2 -height 1 -width 3 -sync_view_0 display0 -sync_view_1 display1 -sync_view_2 display2

for secondary

-extern_plugin "AppWall,IG" -sync_master 0 -width 3 -height 1 -sync_view_0 display3 -sync_view_1 display4 -sync_view_2 display5

image.png

Syncker can set the position of each monitor:

image.png

you can also configure in the ig_config.xml mapping monitor to cigi view 

<syncker_channels>
		<channel view_id="0" use_syncker_projection="1" syncker_name="display0"/>
		<channel view_id="1" use_syncker_projection="1" syncker_name="display1"/>
		<channel view_id="2" use_syncker_projection="1" syncker_name="display2"/>
	</syncker_channels>

• Like 2
  • silent changed the title to [SOLVED] AppWall with IG