Function time out when debugging WidgetTreeBox

photo

Hi,

I am currently faced an issue while debugging the WidgetTreeBox with SDK 2.15 in Visual Studio 2019. I am getting the following error during hovering over the WidgetTreeBox-variable

Evaluating the function 'Unigine.WidgetTreeBox.NumSelectedItems.get' timed out and needed to be aborted in an unsafe way.

The issue seems to occur, when accessing the WidgetTreeBox.NumSelectedItems. After some further testing the issue seems to be a general problem, when accessing the NumSelectedItems-function, when  WidgetTreeBox.MultiSelection is set to false.

Sample code:

WidgetTreeBox sampleTreeBox = new WidgetTreeBox(Gui.Get());
sampleTreeBox.AddItem("Example 1");
sampleTreeBox.AddItem("Example 2");
sampleTreeBox.Arrange();
sampleTreeBox.MultiSelection = true;
int size = sampleTreeBox.NumSelectedItems;				//OK, returns 0
sampleTreeBox.MultiSelection = false;					
size = sampleTreeBox.NumSelectedItems;					//crashes the application or debbuging of this item won't work

Gui.Get().AddChild(sampleTreeBox,Gui.ALIGN_OVERLAP);

I don't know if this is an intended behavior or not, but debbuging is a little bit harder when working without MultiSelection.

Best

Christian

Hi silent,

thanks for your reply. So than it is an "bug" from Visual Studio that during debug mode (when hovering over the variable during runtime to get insight of all parameters)? I never had such an issue before (well, with C++ code of course) and I didn't receive any assert code in c#, just an crash with above mentioned timeout.