How to Zoom with HTC Vive ?

photo

Dear @leon.fuchs,

What are you doing is the only option I see.

Please check if your FOV mode is Vertical FOV than Physically based FOV. Use getFovMode(). Change it to desired mode using setFovMode()

When mode is FOV_MODE_VERTICAL  you can set vertical degrees FOV in degrees using setFov().

When mode is FOV_MODE_PHYSICALLY_BASED_CAMERA  you can set horizontal FoV using setFocalLength() and setFilmGate() (horizontal sensor size).

Try it it should work.

Rohit

Hello @rohit.gonsalves ,
I already tried that, the mode is vertical in my case.
I've also tried running it in fov_physical_based_mode, but unfortunately that doesn't work either. The zoom of the VR glasses unfortunately does not change with either of the two variants.

Leon

leon.fuchs

There is no easy way to do correct binocular vision (is that what you are trying to achieve, right?) in VR since each HMD has it's own projection matrices for each eye. They are hardcoded for each VR plugin since each HMD is working with only a very specific FOV.

mat4 left_projection = getUnigineMatrix(hmd->GetProjectionMatrix(vr::Eye_Left, znear, zfar));
mat4 right_projection = getUnigineMatrix(hmd->GetProjectionMatrix(vr::Eye_Right, znear, zfar));

If you will be able to change this value it will be quite obvious that it's not good approach. But if you want to experiment with that I can send you required plugin source code.

Thanks!

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: