Snow and rain effect with collisions or other ?

photo

Hello,
I search a good way to make snow/rain effect with particles dont trought the roof of house for exemple.
If you have any idea how to make this without killing the fps ?
Any idea, suggest or other will be appreciated :).
Thanks

Hi,
Another question :
I would like to know if this is complicated for you to surcharge the ObjectParticles class to have a system with a lifetime texture for exemple ?
Thanks

Could you do that in a shader and give some discard threshold depending on world position?

Or masking in a buffer for more complex behaviors? 

Zones?

b.w.

Edited by werner.poetzelberger
  • Thanks 1

How this is possible to take controls of particles individualy like ObjectParticles->getParticlePosition() ??
I search a function like killParticle(int numParticle) or other but havent found anything.

Hi Silent,
I have tested the "rain effect particles" from art sample but that work well only for simple geometry like shape box...
If I have a big house with many structures, the fps drop down and I can't ask our users to draw "shape boxes".

The best way for me is to take depthmap from position and generate life particles from depth for exemple.
So, how this is possible to control the particles individualy from the emitter to have my proper system ?
Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I think I have a question which is related to this topic.

We want to use the rain_particles effect from your CIGI implementation.

But we are having problems with the sorting of transparent materials with the clouds

At the moment we have to use "Render after transparent" to simulate fogarea/cloud on the ground and to draw the cloud on top of alpha blended materials.

The problem is that when I am standing in the BoxShape of the rain_particles/fog and rain_Particles they will be cut out by the cloud layer/cloud.

It would be nice to have an option to render some materials after cloud rendering and all others before cloud rendering. This would give us more control to generate effects.

Is it possible to do a offscreen rendering of the rain_particles effect and blend it as a post process effect?

Thanks

Edited by sebastian.vesenmayer

It would be nice to have an option to render some materials after cloud rendering and all others before cloud rendering. This would give us more control to generate effects.

Yeah, indeed that would be great addition, but unfortunately current Clouds implementation is not really designed for such tricks. We will see if there is a possibility to implement such behavior in the future updates.

If you want to draw particles in the similar way as post effect you can try to play with Overlap option. It would shift the object rendering at the very end of the frame (basically would make it act like a GUI).

In that case you may observe color difference due to the lack of the sRGB correction and material adjustments would be required. Also in this situation particles will ignore all the lighting on a scene, so you would need to adjust their parameters manually according to the current lightning setup.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: