[SOLVED] "é" and other specials chars error

photo

Hello,
I have a strange bug I think after the 2.13 version of unigine...

If I write :
        XmlPtr nod = Xml::create();
        bool result = nod->load("data/Cachees.node");
result return true, my node file is loaded but if I write :

XmlPtr nod = Xml::create();
        bool result = nod->load("data/Cachées.node");
result return false...

I don't understand where is the problem, I have tested on a sample named "Lights" from C++ API and same bug.
Could you please confirm there is a bug here because I have many bad returns from our customers :-/.
Thanks.

EDIT: Our project use Unigine 2.14.1.1 and same bug

Edited by fabre.cedric

Hello!

We have able to reproduce the issue and found that the some IDE's could not proceed "UTF8 with BOM" encoding in such a case, there will be following warnings:

AppSystemLogic.cpp(29): warning C4566: character represented by universal-character-name '\u00E9' cannot be represented in the current code page (1251'

To solve the problem, source code file should be re-saved with UTF8 encoding. It can be tested with the files attached.

Thanks!

image_2021_10_06T09_53_20_906Z.png

UTF8_AppSystemLogic.cpp UTF8_with_BOM_AppSystemLogic.cpp

I have tested with your file and that work, but how this is possible ? o.O
I thought the generated executable never take into acount the encoding of the source code file ?
There is many files in our project now and VS2019 save in UTF-8 Bom that worked before...
What's the right way ?
Thanks

15 hours ago, fabre.cedric said:

I have tested with your file and that work, but how this is possible ? o.O
I thought the generated executable never take into acount the encoding of the source code file ?
There is many files in our project now and VS2019 save in UTF-8 Bom that worked before...
What's the right way ?
Thanks

Hello!

Not sure where from this comes exactly, but our own research shown that some of VS2019 builds could not deal with such a case. It seems like the most recent revisions do not have this problem at all.

• Like 1
  • silent changed the title to [SOLVED] "é" and other specials chars error