UNIGINE 2.15 Alpha

photo

Hello,

I'm using dx11. But its is even a bit more complicated - I have a lot of rendering logic in a custom plugin. I have configured the plugin so that rendering is off - but still it is loaded.

So far I have only observed that behaviour on a single machine with a GTX 1080 card. The GPU temperature should be fine. I have spotted that issue in a standalone version first. After that I have started the project in the editor.

Due to the long time it takes until this shows up, I have no nice test case I can handle over to you guys so far. I'm doing that now, but it will most likely take a couple of days, until I have some results. In particular I would like to exclude the custom plugin.

I have the project running on another machine for a couple of days now, but it is running only at 30fps. If the issue depends on the frame number (the number of frames rendered), it will probably appear in around 3 to 4 days I would estimate.

Thanks

Helmut

From a more observational point of view, it seems, that some method stops working after a certain period/time/numbers of calculations.

Could there be something like a noise, which runs out of precision and is not reset. Like a float which is simply 0 or infinite?

oO

Best. werner

Edited by werner.poetzelberger

@helmut.bressler, actually fix is quite simple. In files:

data/core/materials/base/objects/clouds/compositor/compositor.comp

// replace this line:
const uint frame_selector = uint(s_frame + min(ray_placement_noise * interleaved_frame_count, interleaved_frame_count - 1.0f)) % toUInt(interleaved_frame_count);

// with this:
const uint frame_selector = uint(s_frame + toInt(min(ray_placement_noise * interleaved_frame_count, interleaved_frame_count - 1.0f))) % toUInt(interleaved_frame_count);

data/core/materials/base/objects/clouds/reprojection/reprojection.comp

// replace this line:
const uint frame_selector = uint(s_frame + min(ray_placement_noise * interleaved_frame_count, interleaved_frame_count - 1)) % toUInt(interleaved_frame_count);

// with this:
const uint frame_selector = uint(s_frame + toInt(min(ray_placement_noise * interleaved_frame_count, interleaved_frame_count - 1))) % toUInt(interleaved_frame_count);

That should fix the issue (we hope).

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Thank you Silent,

I started now another test run with those modifications factored in. Looking at them, I would assume the issue is related to the framenumber.

As I'm now testing this with the final software, I would expect it will take some time until I can confirm it is fixing the issue. (I had another machine here where it took 8 days).

In case anyone else wants to apply the modifications to 2.15 alpha, its probably worth mentioning that the file locations are slightly different compared to what you have mentioned @silent :-)

The lines which have to be modified are:

data\core\shaders\clouds\compute\compositor.comp line 195

and data\core\shaders\clouds\compute\reprojection.comp line 40

additionally I believe toInt() should be replaced by to_int()

Many thanks

Helmut

• Like 1