ADD simple Animation Timeline to Project

photo

Hi

What is the code to add a timeline to my project? Is the tracker tool the only option? It seema a but complicated. But its its thr only timeline we can add.. Please provide thr code of how to add it

Also. I need the ability to import and export 3d models and save projects and then load saved projects. 

Please help. 

3danimation

You can add tracker (but you would need to write a Tracker wrapper first, since it's uses internally UnigineScript). Sample with tracker in runtime (with no Editor loaded) you can find in SDK Browser -> Samples -> UnigineScript -> Tracker -> tracker_00.

For importing / exporting models you can use built-in import system that is available in Engineering / Sim SDKs:

Not sure about save and load projects. If you need to load or save world you can call World::saveWorld() / World::loadWorld() methods.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Sure, we do have plans for tracker usability update, but they are tied to overall animation workflow changes. It's very time consuming task and it's not finished yet.

Updated tool more likely wouldn't be available in the runtime and will be Editor-only feature. So, if you would need some similar functionality in your custom app you would need to create your own from scratch (you can probably found similar looking custom widgets in IMGUI).

Thanks!

---

Actually I cannot agree, that the tracker is user unfriendly. 

It does what it should do and if you start working with it, you will find out, that it does it well.

I am using it for a long time from the beginning of the Unigine editor. Its the tool which has not changed yet (still the old ui) and it still serves well.

Best.w.

• Like 2

And its that "i've been using this for years" attitude that keeps the software from making improvements. 

Just because u have been using it for years doesnt make it user friendly. It just means u where forced to get used to it. 

Learn to accept constructive criticism. And just do better. Dont come here to argue. Just improve. 

The year is 2021 and their tracker tool.looks like it was designed in 1991. Its out dated and incredibly difficult to use. Thats an opinion shared by many. 

In 20 years Unigine should have made a better timeline. 

Edited by 3danimation

3danimation

If you have any constructive feedback regarding this tool, please submit it to the corresponding subforum: https://developer.unigine.com/forum/forum/19-feeback-for-unigine-team/

I will close this topic, since all the initial questions were answered already.

Thanks!

---

• silent locked this topic