sandworm suggestion : gdal VRT support

photo

Hi,

would it be possible for sandworm to load and use VRTs (.vrt) Virtual Raster Texture? I usually build and use these virtual rasters with GDAL in Qgis and it's pretty convenient to use. it allows to build some kind of virtual catalogs of many raster tiles into just one file.

At the moment, trying to load any .vrt in sandworm crashes the tool and unigine. I thought it would be supported as it's a gdal format, but unfortunately it's not the case.

Hello!

Romain, as I can see at GDAL documentation here, VRT should be supported by default.

So, I went to check how it works in current release and found that it actually added to the project without any issue.

Therefore, if possible, I would like to ask you to send assets that you are trying to import in case that we can take a closer look whats going on our side.

Thanks!

изображение.png

Hi, I'll try to do that but for now I just import separated files (many) so this is just not so urgent + my VRT tests collect thousands of files I obviously won't be able to share. I'll also try to do a smaller vrt. By the way, my tests were dealing with elevation data, not imagery (don't know if this has something to do, data is homogenous in terms of ppx and projection anyway)

On a side subject I would like to know if NODATA are correctly handled in sandworm (just to be sure before running some long generation processes) ?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, romain.janil said:

Hi, I'll try to do that but for now I just import separated files (many) so this is just not so urgent + my VRT tests collect thousands of files I obviously won't be able to share. I'll also try to do a smaller vrt. By the way, my tests were dealing with elevation data, not imagery (don't know if this has something to do, data is homogenous in terms of ppx and projection anyway)

We need just some small amount of data literally enough to reproduce the crash to see what's happening

5 minutes ago, romain.janil said:

On a side subject I would like to know if NODATA are correctly handled in sandworm (just to be sure before running some long generation processes) ?

There were problems with this in early releases, but they were almost immediately resolved. So there shouldn't be any problem now.