[SOLVED] Properties fron Mount point not loading on Node properties

photo

Hello there,

I was using 2.11.0.2 and now tried to use 2.14.1.1. The steps are as follows

I have one mount point added in the asset browser.

image.thumb.png.4349bb225e985c64df4ddb87164ebb79.png

After loading the mount point, the property saved there is loaded in properties as in the image.  arort-xr.prop

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>	
<property version="2.14.1.0" name="arort-xr" manual="1" parent_name="node_base">
	<struct name="visual_script_exports">
		<parameter name="export_node" type="toggle">0</parameter>
		<parameter name="export_chroma_booth_node" type="toggle">0</parameter>
	</struct>
	<parameter name="visual_script_exports_params" type="visual_script_exports"></parameter>
</property>

Now I tried to add the property using drag drop to node property or by selecting asset beside the property text filed. It is not loaded. Or on drag drop it is not taken up.

image.thumb.png.c8e07ec1b52acc9c352c04615225f98c.png

If I directly put the property on the selected node in world hierarchy or in editor view, the property loads up. If I import property from that place then also it works.

I like to keep these properties in .ung files at mount point so no one should change them accidently and break my plugin.

Please check and suggest.

Rohit

Edited by rohit.gonsalves
Added Screen shots

Hi Rohit,

This probably happens cause of missing or corrupted .meta for the .prop. "Properties" and "Asset Browser" lists are managed by different system so that in final build we could use properties without the .meta. But to correctly manage properties in editor, .meta is required. Also as the mount is RO, the editor won't do any modifications inside of it, including generation of .meta file. You can identify if that's the issue if the property you mentioned is shown in Properties Window, but not inside mount folder in Asset Browser. You can fix this either by generating .meta(e.g. by importing .prop in another project) and placing it inside mount folder manually, or by mounting folder not as read-only

Dear @vvvaseckiy,

The only thing bothered me was it was working in 2.11.0.2 and not in new 2.14.1.1.

But now resolved the things respecting new changes.

Instead of keeping properties in core folder from mount. Get it at new location and created once the .meta files and .runtime files. Everything is kept in mount point location now and things are functional.

Actually it was functional with my old approach on world hierarchy but not in the text field for props. There the confusion happened.

After changing the location and preserving .runtimes and .meta, RO mount points are also functional.

Rohit

• Thanks 1
  • silent changed the title to [SOLVED] Properties fron Mount point not loading on Node properties