hat/hot,los at hole

photo

I'm making an armored vehicle simulation, and I check the ground and front with hat/hot and los.

I used Hole Decal to build underpasses and tunnels.
I have not tested yet, but I will ask the question first.

Can holes ignore Hat/Hot, Los?

Do I need to cut the mountain to the height of the tunnel to get the right Hat/Hot inside the tunnel?

image.png.fc2a1b7b48b128c0c518fc0cfa905204.png

Then what do I use to fill in the gaps in the mountains?

What in this case (in case of the tunnel) HAT/HOT would return the height of the road and not the mountain? From which point you are trying to get this request?

In that case I think you can export a flat heights completely and after that add mountain with a tunnel as a separate meshes. Maybe it would be easier to proceed with.

• Thanks 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Thanks for the reply.

If I use that method, can I return the height of the mountain when the object is on top of the mountain, and the height of the road if it is in a tunnel?

I'm not quite sure that I understand what do you want to achieve. HAT/HOT request is a simple infinite line that returns the first ever height where intersection is detected. In case of mountain and tunnel it would be mountain height.

If you need something that works differently - you need to implement this on your side (maybe using different rays and intersection masks to detect only required objects).

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: