water mesh question

photo

According to documentation it should be possible to have geometric waves on water mesh. I ve created water mesh with following triangulation and UV map (this is export from Unigine, polygons are overlapping in 0,1 space). It works, but there are no geometic waves, it stays flat. Waves radius parametr does nothing. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
image.thumb.png.d99b2dc8fbad00c7a66efafd0fc3a5f3.png

Hi Jirka,

Looks like you need more triangles (more vertices) in order to simulate some geometry waves. Try to create a simple plane primitive inside the Editor and specify the number of segments about 100 - that would be a good starting point in understanding how the mesh water waves works.

Also, make sure that you have amplitude value set to higher than 0 value.

If nothing helps - please send us your new water mesh, we can check what's going on here.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

4 hours ago, silent said:

Hi Jirka,

Looks like you need more triangles (more vertices) in order to simulate some geometry waves. Try to create a simple plane primitive inside the Editor and specify the number of segments about 100 - that would be a good starting point in understanding how the mesh water waves works.

Also, make sure that you have amplitude value set to higher than 0 value.

If nothing helps - please send us your new water mesh, we can check what's going on here.

Thanks!

I did quite a alot triangles in the direction of flow, I though it will be enough. Ok, so I ve created plane with 100 segments, but I have still no geometric waves. Waves radius parametr does nothing: image.thumb.png.de41d438bfdefb17085bb6a1350884c2.png

19 minutes ago, vvvaseckiy said:

Hi demostenes,

To make geometry waves work, besides from setting wave parameters in water_mesh material. You need to adjust wave parameters in ObjectWaterMesh object. 

image.png

Thanks! I thought It will be some stupid mistake. And last question, what are requirments for uv map? Seamless in 0,n or 0,1 with seams (and overlapping UVs) or 0,1 seamless?

Edited by demostenes