Worldsplinegraph mesh does not appear when created

photo

When I create world spline graph and add node to its segment, I have to zoom out camera far away, so the mesh appears. Identical situation is, if I place it into the scene as node reference or node content. Also when I edit its node and press apply.

Hi demostenes,

Unfortunately we were unable to reproduce this on basic scene setup. Could you please show us exact settings of world spline graph node, and node used in point\segment? Or maybe attach a small scene where this issue occurs.

Thank you

3 hours ago, vvvaseckiy said:

Hi demostenes,

Unfortunately we were unable to reproduce this on basic scene setup. Could you please show us exact settings of world spline graph node, and node used in point\segment? Or maybe attach a small scene where this issue occurs.

Thank you

I was experimenting with it more and behaviour is unpredictable. For example after closing reference node with graph some segments loose assigned node. And it was quite random (according to documentation it cant be converted into reference node, but it can. It is unpredictable, but after few attempts it works). Also world save does not affect spline, spline must be saved manually (not sure if intended). I will try to figure out exact conditions or prepare some scene where it happens (i think it was problematic when using adjust mode). Thanks.

Hi Jirka,

Current state of WorldSplineGraph is far from perfect, so we would need some additional time to find out how we can improve it. So right now we do not recommend to use this experimental object in production.

On the other hand we do have a plan for this year some in-Editor replacement for spline object that would be easier in use and would simply generate meshes as output. For simple tasks like fences and chains it should be enough and it should be much more performance friendly as well.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

4 hours ago, silent said:

Hi Jirka,

Current state of WorldSplineGraph is far from perfect, so we would need some additional time to find out how we can improve it. So right now we do not recommend to use this experimental object in production.

On the other hand we do have a plan for this year some in-Editor replacement for spline object that would be easier in use and would simply generate meshes as output. For simple tasks like fences and chains it should be enough and it should be much more performance friendly as well.

Thanks!

Thanks, thats good news.