ig_debug_*: display customization?

photo

Hello,

ig_debug and related are VERY useful addition! They are a great tool to quickly find where a possible issue/mismatch is coming from.

But I'd like to know if the display of these helpers could be customized/configured. As an outstanding "issue", I'd like to configure the size of the intersection markers of ig_debug_requests. At the moment, they are drown with 2x2x2m cubes (wild guess). This is ok at a long distance, but closer (<10m) this actually prevents to view the actual point of intersection. And when we have a dozen requests at once on screen near from each other, then the screen is no longer legible.

Is there a way to customize the display size of these points? I would suggest to simply use a fixed pixels size (screen size) instead of a world size for debug points.

As another suggestion, maybe use a different draw style for hidden lines/points (this would help to understand their real position in screen captures)

Thanks!

thanks, it became clearer.

yes, of course, it needs to be corrected for a screen space size.

what about the blue lines depth test? should they disappear when they go underground? 

I need to think about how best to make the settings... maybe something like
ig_debug_visualizer_dephtest 1/0
ig_debug_visualizer_screenspace 1/0
ig_debug_visualizer_scale 1/0
ig_debug_visualizer_duration - instead ig_debug_duration

What do you think about it? will it help?

yes, maybe something like:

• ig_debug_visualizer_depthtest 0 / 1 / 2 (0=show them with no depth test, 1=hide hidden lines, 2 = show them with dashed lines/pattern [DEFAULT] )
  • ig_debug_visualizer_screenspace 0 / 1 (0=worldspace, 1 = screenspace [DEFAULT])
  • ig_debug_visualizer_pixelsize <float> (size in pixels, screenspace only, DEFAULT=3)
  • ig_debug_visualizer_worldsize <float> (size in worldspace: float = size in meter, worldspace only, DEFAULT=0.5)
  • ig_debug_visualizer_duration - instead of ig_debug_duration YES, would be cleaner, DEFAULT=10s

Thanks!