New 2.13 ig_host questions

photo

Hello,

I'm playing with the new ig host experimental in 2.13, and I'm quite happy with this new tool. VERY useful! A few questions and remarks though:

• HAT/HOT and LOS: how do we see the responses? (not just the traced line)
  • LOS material mask? What is the corresponding Unigine mask used with it?
  • Entity animation: how do I setup a node to support this?
  • When first displayed, an Entity Property panel shows "INACTIVE" even though it is active. Simple UI bug? (a few toggle to ACTIVE/INACTIVE show the combobox actually works after the first touch)
  • EntityControl "Fly" Spectator mode prevents us from flying through the objects. While it's nice most of the time, in some cases we'd like it toggled on/off. Could it be added?
  • Entity Conformal does not seem to work?
  • As a general inconsistency, some panels have a SEND button, some don't. And for the latter case, it's not really apparent on each modification whether the message have been send or if it just produced no effect. Having a SEND button makes it clear, but on the other end, not having one allow for "immediate" sending, which could be more friendly. Just so you know, we had to face a similar case, so we resolved it by having on each panel a SEND button+combox with options such as "Manual:send only when button pressed / Auto: send on every data modification".

Thanks!

Hello!

HAT/HOT and LOS: how do we see the responses? (not just the traced line)

You can see the responses in the console if you enable the packet-logger. (see attach screenshoot)
ddd.png

LOS material mask? What is the corresponding Unigine mask used with it?

LOS material mask - its intersection mask in Unigine.

Entity animation: how do I setup a node to support this?

It's for ObjectMeshSkinned animation. But nobody used it, and i'm not sure, that it works correctly.

EntityControl "Fly" Spectator mode prevents us from flying through the objects. While it's nice most of the time, in some cases we'd like it toggled on/off. Could it be added

I'm not sure I understood. the camera must pass freely through objects. can you record a short video demonstration of this effect?

So we resolved it by having on each panel a SEND button+combox

This is a great solution! we will think about the implementation.

As for the other comments, we will check it a bit later. Thank you very much for your feedback, this is really very important!

4 hours ago, cash-metall said:

the camera must pass freely through objects

Not sure what happened, but I couldn't reproduce it. The camera indeed passes through all objects and terrain. My bad.

4 hours ago, cash-metall said:

You can see the responses in the console

Thanks! Would it be possible in the future to add these in a panel too? For ease of parsing/filtering (low priority of course)

Also:

• Does the UpdatePeriod of HAT/HOT and LOS requests work? I can't see more than one response when UpdatePeriod>0.

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Amerio.Stephane said:

Does the UpdatePeriod of HAT/HOT and LOS requests work?

yes it should work. I just checked that everything is displayed correctly for UpdatePeriod>0

image.png

Indeed, I understood what is happening: just changing the UpdatePeriod value is not enough, we have to "validate" it by changing another value too, otherwise when clicking Send the old value is used. Feels like a UI bug for me (but the IG behaves correctly).