Importing assets from a different unigine project

photo

Hi,

I'm currently working on a Unigine 2.10 C++ project, an airfield simulator. A prototype has been created, but I can't open it in the editor since the .project has been deleted.

One airport 3D model has already been imported with the editor but I need to import a new one. However I need to do some specification on the Editor before using it in my code. The way I am doing it right now is the following: Creating a new project with the unigine SDK Browser, import and modify the fbx then copy and paste the need elements of the new project in the main one such as the runtimes, the fbx, the .node and materials.

It has worked by the past, and now I am having some hard time with guid collision.

I was wondering if this is the right way to do so?

Thanks in advance.

Hello, Antoine!

Wouldn't it be easiest to try to restore access to the project? I feels like we need to solve issue with missing .project file, it would be much better than trying to figure out what happened with the workflow in the second part you wrote about.

Basically, you don't need to have ".project" file to run your project. There is few ".bat" files into project folder which is should execute editor or application, did them missed too as well as .proejct file? If not then just run "launch_editor.bat" to initialize editor it will give you full access just like if you run the project from the SDK browser.

Another way that I want you to suggest, it's create new project into SDK Browser with the same name as the missing project, then click to "Open Folder" and copy paste there data from previous project where ".project" file was missed and don't forget to overwrite changes, then after that just run project straight from SDK Browser, it should run same way as before.

Thanks!

изображение.png