2.12 loadWorld crash

photo

We have a plugin, that works with world loading. We run this plugin from the editor using Editor_double_x64d.exe using -video_app auto -video_vsync 0 -video_refresh 0 -video_mode 1 -video_resizable 1 -video_fullscreen 0 -video_debug 0 -video_gamma 1.000000 -sound_app auto -data_path "h:/ESQ/data/"  -engine_config "../data/unigine.cfg" -extern_plugin "GmPlugin, weather" -console_command "config_readonly 1 && world_load \"db\"db"

The code that loads the world is simple World::loadWorld. We have this code

void SelectionWindow::Update()
{
    //float ifps = Game::get()->getIFps();
    if (worldloading == 1 && World::isInitialized() && World::isLoaded()) {
        auto pl = PlayerSpectator::create();
        //auto pl = PlayerPersecutor::create();
        pl->setPosition(Math::Vec3(1.0f, 3.401f, 5.5f));
        Game::setPlayer(pl);
        pl->setMainPlayer(true);

worldloading = 0;
        Unigine::Console::run("render_auxiliary 1");
        Unigine::Render::setPostMaterials("post_filter_selection");

}
}

to finish the loading and recreate player etc.

In 2.11 it all works just fine and Engine view in the editor behaves as expected. In 2.12 there is a crash after the loadWorld call, but before the code reaches the update call.  The crash is completely unreachable for us:

1.png

2.png

Edited by david.sanda
29 minutes ago, honya said:

Because i don't do upgrad the .cpp for this world.

For testing GM plugin, create new world ;).

Fixed. It crashes even db world (available to unigine) that has no script. Start world is has nothing.

Edited by david.sanda

Hi David,

Does this crash still appearing? If so, could you please give us more details about reproduction? I can see also that you are using the Weather plugin, has it been also upgraded to the latest version?

I'm afraid we would need at least a simplified repro, otherwise it's not completely clear what is going on.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

It is crashing. Would you at least have any hint or advice based on the stack trace? The entire workflow  is really just this. Have world loaded. Load another from plugin.  It happens without the weather plugin as well. No assets spawned. Just a lot of gui loaded.

• 3 weeks later...

In 2.13 situation is the same. I noticed the assert in question:

Assertion failed: world_guid_.isValid(), file D:\BA\work\b520b5c5cc40de50\source\editor2\apps\editor\src\controls\WorldControls.cpp, line 55

What would cause it?