[SOLVED] Importing DLLs - FMOD Integration

photo

Hello,

I am attempting to integrate FMOD C# wrapper into unigine, and I am facing some issues, what is the correct way of integrating custom DLLs and bundling them with the build, the issue I am facing currently is that the wrapper can't find the required DLL, are there any special launch parameters ? or special folders to place these DLLs in ? are there any tutorial or articles about such topic ?

Thank you.

Hi LouMatalka,

actually implementing 3rd-Party-Plugins via DLL is pretty easy. Basically implement your plugins header and lib files in your IDE project settings. Also, don't forget to specify the .dll file in "Additional Dependencies" if you are using any Visual Studio IDE.

Lastly, copy/paste all the necessary .dll files to your projects bin-folder in oder to make it work during runtime.

Cheers

Edited by christian.wolf2

LouMatalka

Normally Windows is searching dlls near the executable, so try to place your dlls into the bin directory of your current project.

Integrating custom dependencies is similar to any other C# project, you need to adjust your .csproj file and add references to the dlls (I guess any modern IDE is capable of doing this).

We do have example of C++ plugin implementation, you can find it in SDK Browser -> Samples -> C++ -> Plugin, but there is no similar example for C#.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

2 hours ago, christian.wolf2 said:

Hi LouMatalka,

actually implementing 3rd-Party-Plugins via DLL is pretty easy. Basically implement your plugins header and lib files in your IDE project settings. Also, don't forget to specify the .dll file in "Additional Dependencies" if you are using any Visual Studio IDE.

Lastly, copy/paste all the necessary .dll files to your projects bin-folder in oder to make it work during runtime.

Cheers

2 hours ago, silent said:

LouMatalka

Normally Windows is searching dlls near the executable, so try to place your dlls into the bin directory of your current project.

Integrating custom dependencies is similar to any other C# project, you need to adjust your .csproj file and add references to the dlls (I guess any modern IDE is capable of doing this).

We do have example of C++ plugin implementation, you can find it in SDK Browser -> Samples -> C++ -> Plugin, but there is no similar example for C#.

That did it! Thank you both.

Edited by LouMatalka
  • Like 1
  • silent changed the title to [SOLVED] Importing DLLs - FMOD Integration