Support DX12&DLSS&RTX IO

photo

On one hand understandable, but on the other hand Nvidia DLSS 2.0 seems to provide a quite significant performance boost. Same is true for Nvidia VR multi-GPU support. No Nvidia fan-boy, but at the moment they are unrivalled in the high-end segment and UNIGINE engine customers for sure are targeting high-end standards.

RTX ray tracing features and DLSS 2 are IMO "game changer" technologies

I am curious for AMD responses on the subject with the new XBox and PS5

Surely the Unigine team already had some glimpse...

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2020 at 10:23 AM, benoit.andrieu said:

RTX ray tracing features and DLSS 2 are IMO "game changer" technologies

Not sure if this time is here. Until both AMD and NVIDA have something strong enough to ray trace in reasonable FPS on even low consumption low end card (or at least low-middle end), it dost not change much. Actually it makes things more complicated, because you need now to support 2 technologies instead of one (old approach vs hw ray trace) . Once there is such HW, than yes, you can throw away old principles and this will be game changer. But you must be sure, that majority of your customers have such HW. If I can guess, we will need maybe 5 more years, maybe more,  until this happens, not everybody wants 300W TDP monster in his PC.

Personally I see game changers in technologies like various real time global illuminations (to get rid of light baking no matter what scene), virtual texturing and meshes (something like UE5 should do), because it can run on current HW and does not seem platform specific.

Edited by demostenes
  • Like 1

I was more curious about Mesh and Aplification shaders, maybe useful for huge objects destruction or mesh particles. Also dependent from supporting hw, so will need to wait for his diffusion in games, the good news is supported from both Nvidia RTX and AMD RDNA2 hw. For custom applications might worth consideration.

• 2 years later...

Hey guys, any news regarding this topic? :)

I couldn't find information about it in the documentation or anywhere in the forum...

So I guess DLSS support doesn't exist yet?

Hello!

19 hours ago, Goetz.Benjamin said:

So I guess DLSS support doesn't exist yet?

We are looking forward regarding this but generally speaking we avoid employing technologies that are tied to a specific vendor.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

Has anyone made a successful attempt integrating DLSS or FSR in Unigine? Is Unigine planning to integrate it in the future? We're looking for improvement of our Anti Aliasing issues.

Thanks

Hi Sebastian,

We are currently exploring the various options available, but at this time we do not have a specific schedule for implementing an upscaler (and we have not yet determined which one to choose - DLSS / XeSS or FSR).

FSR seems to be a slightly better option for us. It works on all of our current priority platforms and GPUs. DLSS, on the other hand, can theoretically provide better quality on Nvidia GPUs.

I think more specific information we can only provide next year (after 2.18 release and additional planning).

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: