Local Fluid Simulation

photo

Hi there. I've been trying to figure this out and I can't tell if there is Local Fluid Simulation or not. But I know the global mesh of water and stuff is simulated as a 2D grid with point particles positioned in the vertices of the mesh. And I was wondering if it was possible to use Local Fluid Simulation to for example, have a boat fill up with water after getting cracked hull and it starts to sink. Being able to make boats fill with water would be amazing.

Hi,

we're not providing such feature out of the box. Water simulation is a procedural surface that is controlled with the specific shader. The focus was on realistic visuals and buoyancy, not fluid simulation. If you're looking for fluid physics it's better to think of custom implementations for the project. A good research will be required for sure.

The easiest way, however, is using FiledSpacer to cut off the global water and add some particles and WaterMesh to simulate water level raising. Of course it's not a fluid simulation, but you said about boat being filled up.

Thanks!

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: