how to make roads terrain - conform?

photo

Hi,

I have created roads based on vector data (shp file) and use road tools constructor. How can I make the road to follow the terrain height?

I have created the landscape with geotiff files for albedo, DTED file for height and the elevation of the landscape looks good. I tried to checked the 'drop to ground' option in the parameter, but the value of the spline points is not the same of the terrain height. It will be burried under the terrain and I have to manually edit all those points. The worst part is everything is back to square one when the road is regenerated.

Is there a better way to adjust the road elevation to terrain conform? As I couldn't find the 'interaction' option in the properties.

This can be solved if I use 'decal' type of road, but it is not suitable for car simulation.

Thank you.

Edited by han

Hello Han,

Sorry for the delay with the response.

Have you tried using built-in flattening for the roads in the landscape tool? You can increase radius to make the impact higher. I also have to say that a lot depends on the data. Low-res heightmaps more likely will cause visual discrepancies that will require manual editing of a terrain.

image.png

Thank you.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi Morbid,

Thank you for your reply. I've checked the 'adjust terrain heights and masks' and area width is 10. I increased the width to 50, the result is still the same. I tried to use vector to add road lights along the road. Same issue, the lights sink under the terrain. I am using DTED level 2