2.10 Entertainment --> 2.11 Community Pro proj migration errors

photo

Related to this problem

I urgently need to work on an "old" 2.10 project to finalize a proposal. No special features inside, VFX and VR plugins.

Creating a new project with new license under 2.11 and just copying inside the data directory, removing the old project .world files, starting the Editor give me these errors and exit.

15:10:17 Interpreter::restore_state(): bad magic
15:10:17 forloop(int i = 0; property.getNumParameters())
15:10:17 core/systems/tracker/editor/tracker_editor.h:881: Interpreter::parse_extern_class_begin(): unknown "Property" class member "getNumParameters"
15:10:17 Editor::editor_load(): can't load "editor2/editor.usc" editor script
15:10:23 "Can't create importer ...../<PojectName>/<PojectName>_safety_new/data/vr_template/props/vive/fbxes/vive_pad.fbx"
15:10:23 "Can't create importer ...../<PojectName>/<PojectName>_safety_new/data/vr_template/props/vive/fbxes/vive_basestation.fbx"
15:10:23 "Can't create importer ...../<PojectName>/<PojectName>_safety_new/data/vr_template/props/teleport_point/fbxes/teleport_point.fbx"
15:10:23 "Can't create importer ...../<PojectName>/<PojectName>_safety_new/data/vr_template/props/oculus/fbxes/oculus_touch_right.fbx"
15:10:23 "Can't create importer ...../<PojectName>/<PojectName>_safety_new/data/vr_template/props/oculus/fbxes/oculus_touch_left.fbx"
15:10:23 "Can't create importer ...../<PojectName>/<PojectName>_safety_new/data/Assets/Asset1.fbx"
15:10:23 "Can't create importer ...../<PojectName>/<PojectName>_safety_new/data/Assets/Container.fbx"
15:10:23 "Can't create importer ...../<PojectName>/<PojectName>_safety_new/data/Assets/Asset2.fbx"

Edited by davide445

Hi Davide,

To upgrade from Entertainment to Community edition you need to click Upgrade available ribbon here:

image.png

and choose the Community SDK to upgrade:

image.png

If you have unpacked core editor2 scripts directories inside data, please delete them. Copying 2.10 content inside 2.11 project will not work.

Also, please keep in mind that following migration is only affects content. If you have code written in C++ / C# / UnigineScript you need to migrate it manually according to the migration guide: https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.11/upgrade/migration_api

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

@silent None of my old projects is tagged with "Upgrade available", all of them are tagged as "Inactive SDK"

1126916968_Annotation2020-06-23165905_LI.jpg.48b66de6a7de94d59f90d926eb3692fb.jpg

As from previous thread I understood this is the expected behavior due to the license change.

Waiting to find a solution with Anna, as a quick solution I need migrate in some way some of the projects to the new SDK release and license.

I have multiple activities I need to postpone or block due to this limitation.

Well, that's unexpected. Looks like a bug.

If there is no option to do Other Actions -> Configure Project (and select the 2.11 SDK) you can do the following:

1. Locate SDK installation path (check the Options -> Storage Path in SDK Browser);
  2. Copy usc_x64.exe from <SDK_2.11_Install_dir>/bin to <SDK_2.11_Install_dir>/utils/upgrade.
  3. Open terminal in <SDK_2.11_Install_dir>/utils/upgrade directory and execute command:

usc_x64.exe upgrade.usc "C:/Path/to/Unigine project/data"
    where C:/Path/to/Unigine project/data is content from 2.10 SDK

4. Create new project in Community 2.11 SDK with the same name as migrated
  5. Copy files from the data directory of migrated 2.10 content, but skip the *.ung files (core.ung, editor2.ung, scripts.ung).

After that you should be able to launch migrated project.

Thanks!

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: