How to detach a view from an entity?

photo

Hello,

auto view = ig->getView(0);
view->setParentEntity(nullptr);  //< crash

How should I reset the view to NOT be attached to an entity?

Thanks!

Hi Amerio!

As I understood it, there is no way to detach a View from an Entity in CIGI. And the View can't use a geodetic position, only offsets.

When do you want to do this? In which cases? Should the camera stay in the same place at the time of the detachment? Do you want to set the View by geodetic coordinates? What other features do you want to see in View / View Group?

Best regards,
Alexander

Hi Alexander,

I opened a private ticket to explain a bit more and give a code sample of what we need. The real goal is to be able to set, for a slave/group of slaves, or for the master, a point of view that can be either 'from' the world or 'from' an entity, dynamically. And these pov have to be controllable through kb/mouse from the master (ie the pov is not static, the end user want to be able to 'fly' around their starting point and/or reset to their starting point). The app given in the ticket should be more easy to grasp.

The setSlavePlayer /Game::setPlayer is more close to what we need than the ig/view api, but it doesn't work in 2.10+ like in 2.9, so I had to try another route :)