[SOLVED] Multiple slaves on the same PC?

photo

Hello,

With 2.11 (IG), is it possible to have multiple slaves on the same PC?

In my tests, only the first slave can connect to the master, even though the master is started with -sync_count 3 (1 master, 2 slaves, all on the same pc)

Launch is synchronous, so the master waits for 2 slaves, but only one can connect, so it times out :(

Thanks for your help

Hello Amerio,

Unfortunately setup you're trying to achive is only available when using unicast sync method. Cause for broadcast and multicast all hosts should use same port, and two applications on same PC cant share single port, you can find more info on sync methods here.

So if you define unicast method by launching slaves and master with

-sync_method unicast

everything should work as expected

I tried as you suggested, but it still doesn't work, the 2nd slave can't connect. Here is my startup script:

@echo off
chcp 65001
setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion
set app=bin\Test_x64d.exe

start %app%  -video_app auto -video_vsync 0 -video_refresh 0 -video_mode 0 -video_resizable 1 -video_fullscreen 0 -video_debug 0 -video_gamma 1.000000 -sound_app auto -data_path "../data/"  -engine_config "../data/unigine.cfg" -extern_plugin "IG,CIGIConnector" -console_command "config_readonly 1 && world_load \"Test\"" -sync_method unicast -sync_master 1 -sync_count 3 -sync_view master

start %app%  -video_app auto -video_vsync 0 -video_refresh 0 -video_mode 0 -video_resizable 1 -video_fullscreen 0 -video_debug 0 -video_gamma 1.000000 -sound_app auto -data_path "../data/"  -engine_config "../data/unigine.cfg" -extern_plugin "IG" -console_command "config_readonly 1 && world_load \"Test\"" -engine_log log_alpha.html -sync_method unicast -sync_master 0 -sync_view alpha

start %app%  -video_app auto -video_vsync 0 -video_refresh 0 -video_mode 0 -video_resizable 1 -video_fullscreen 0 -video_debug 0 -video_gamma 1.000000 -sound_app auto -data_path "../data/"  -engine_config "../data/unigine.cfg" -extern_plugin "IG" -console_command "config_readonly 1 && world_load \"Test\"" -engine_log log_beta.html -sync_method unicast -sync_master 0 -sync_view beta

Thanks for your help

From master log it's seen that there's actually two slaves connected, but one of them connected from another PC in your local network. I guess the best way to avoid joining of random slaves is to use different -sync_port e.g. 8891 instead of default 8890. Or you can tell your colleagues to start their slaves with specific -sync_master_address, but port is easier =)

I tried with many different ports, I always get the same result: first slave can connect, the second one fails. And nobody else is using Unigine around me at the moment.

We successfully reproduced this issue, it seems that it occurs when host pc connected to more than one subnet at time. As a workaround for testing on your local machine you can launch slaves with -sync_master_address "127.0.0.1" argument, and everything should work fine

We will try to improve this behavior in future 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused  

• Like 1
  • silent changed the title to [SOLVED] Multiple slaves on the same PC?