setVirtualResolution to default resolution

photo

Hi,

I have tested to render at a high resolution with setVirtualResolution(7680 , 4320) and get image with

Unigine::Render::renderScreenMaterial("render_copy_2d", colorTexture) with callback without problems.

But when I set the new virtual resolution to default setVirtualResolution(-1, -1), my application is really slow and all the memory of GPU appear not be released.

What's the right way to made this ?

Thanks.

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay.

We tested the same case with the console commands and it worked okay:

• render_virtual_resolution 7680 4320
  • grabbed an image (F12)
  • set resolution to the default value with render_virtual_resolution -1 -1
  • video_restart

May I ask you to build a sample that shows this behavior? A full log and PC specs will also help.

Thank you.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

No problem for the delay,

I have noticed this problem is much bigger when my test scene contains more nodes.
Where can find the video_restart in C++ please ?

For a single test scene this is difficult because there is many code now...When I have the time I can try to program a simple test to reproduce this problem.

For my PC specs this is an I7 4790 under win10 with 16gb of memory and the graphic card is an RTX2080S.
Thanks.

I have tried the restart_video and same problem.

If I delete all nodes and reload scene without restarting application or anything the problem disappear...

Unigine::Vector <Unigine::NodePtr> listOfNodes;
    Unigine::World::getRootNodes(listOfNodes);

for (Unigine::Vector<Unigine::NodePtr>::iterator itNode = listOfNodes.begin(); itNode != listOfNodes.end(); itNode++)
    {
        if (itNode.get() != nullptr)
        {
            Unigine::World::clearNode(itNode->get()->getName());
            itNode->get()->deleteForce();
        }
    }
    listOfNodes.clear();

If that can help to identify where is the problem...

Image before setvirtual.

Image during setvirtual and capture the gBuffer by callback on CALLBACK_BEGIN_VISUALIZER.

Image after capture and setvirtual(-1,-1) after 10 minutes for the memory usage is totaly free.

My graphic processor stay at 98.8/100% of usage, I don't understand why ?

EDIT: OpenGL rendering is used here

GPU_Usage.png.8affa7d18cf590d6ca18a698c46cfc22.png

I'll try to reproduce this problem in a test scene...

Thanks.

Edited by fabre.cedric

Well, I tested this with the console commands that should do the very same thing you've described. It worked similar for me both with DirectX and OpenGL.

On 6/9/2020 at 7:06 PM, fabre.cedric said:

my application is really slow and all the memory of GPU appear not be released.

By the way, did you mean RAM or VRAM? I'm asking because I see RAM consumption values on the last screenshot.

6 hours ago, fabre.cedric said:

I'll try to reproduce this problem in a test scene...

That will help a lot in resolving this question.

Thank you.

---

Hello,
I have noticed this problem appear only when I have planar reflection materials in my 3D Scene.
The memory up from 1.8Go to 8.5Go when grab image. And after that, my application run more slowly...

Cedric.zip

I have many objects in my real scene and the memory up to 10go when I grab an image and after, that run slowly.

If I destroy all nodes and reload all the problem disappear.

For first, when I have planar reflection why the memory up to ten giga when I grab image ? I think the problem is around this point.

Thanks.

OpenGL driver works very bad when you get VRAM usage higher than you have dedicated VRAM. Is that your use-case? If so there is very little we can do here. You can switch to DX11 or swith to a different GPU with higher amount of VRAM.

Alternatively you can reduce the planar reflections resolution if you plan to use OpenGL and your current GPU.

---

You are right Silent !

The problem is the vRam used for planar reflection !
Dx11 is not an option for our software and for quality rendering reduce the size of the texture is not an option too.

Maybe I can try to reduce the quality for small glazing only...

Edited by fabre.cedric