How to get to the Engine WIndow?

photo

I cant find the Engine Window option under Windows drop down.

We ported a project from 2.10 to 2.11 and I cant get the Engine Window.

Best.W.

There is no option in the Windows  dropdown to create an ENGINE viewport. Just an Editor Viewport.

engine.PNG

Edited by werner.poetzelberger

Hello, Werner!

There is no Engine viewport since we have to remove it for C# project, by now you need to press "Play" button from editor to compile and launch runtime.
Nothing changed for C++ projects, engine viewport window is still available by default from editor.

Thanks!

Hello bmyagkov,

you are right, our project was configured as C# (.net core) project. However, we are still heavily making use of Unigine Script, among other parts the camera logic is written in Unigine Script.

The main reason for that is that the camera is tweaked via properties and we want to see the changes immediately.

Is it possbile to change some config file , so that the editor considers the project as Unigine Script project (or C++ project) and we get back our Engine Viewport?

We are not making use of the play button in the editor. Physics are off as well.

Many thanks

Helmut

Are you tied with C# or project was created "as is" with default settings instead? I mean if you don't stick with C# then you could simply create new C++ project from SDK and move whole data there from previous one project

Ehm. Our last ported version does have an Engine Viewport window. 2.11.

Editor > Windows > Engine Viewport I can create a new one, once this is gone.

It seems to be an editor 'feature'. Is there an option to get that back without coppiing content?

Where is the difference? I see, that these editors are different, here i dont have a _Play button

view.PNG

1 hour ago, werner.poetzelberger said:

Ehm. Our last ported version does have an Engine Viewport window. 2.11.

Well, that means your last ported project was C++ or UnigineScript based.

With 2.11 you have two major + one legacy workflows:

• C++ development. Nothing new here compared to the older SDK versions
  • C# development. Editor can compile CSharp project on-the-fly and open them in the independent window (the one you see after you hit play button). Editor interface was changed for this workflow (no engine viewport, deeper CSharp integration)
  • UnigineScript project. A legacy option, editor visually identical to the C++ based project.

What is the original issue? You've upgraded your old project and it had lost Engine Viewport, right? If yes that sounds strange, because we keep API settings when upgrading a project.

Anyway, to quickly solve this do the following:

• Close the editor
  • Go to the project folder
  • Locate and delete "your_project.csproj" file

Please let me know if there's still any issue left.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

37 minutes ago, morbid said:

Anyway, to quickly solve this do the following:

• Close the editor
  • Go to the project folder
  • Locate and delete "your_project.csproj" file

Yes. Thanks soo much! 

I am happy to get these kind of solutions, as I have no idea about the real reasons (workflows c#, c etc.) I am heavily using the Editor, so its difficult if something like that happens.

Thank you for your explanation as well!

b.w.

Edited by werner.poetzelberger
  • 4 months later...

Hello,

is it possible to bring back in the Engine Viewport for C# projects?

We still have our camera in Unigine script, mainly because we need the feedback from changing camera properties immediately and that's only possible from within the editor.

(Moving the csproj file works - if I have the main exe in C# - but it breaks the lovely component system (you cannot add any new components, play button is gone...))

Thanks

Helmut

Hi Helmut,

I'm afraid there is no way to enable engine viewport if you have the C#-based project (it was hard decision to make).

Engine (or Play in Editor feature) tab will be available only if we will fully replace the UnigineScript with the C# (that's another long story).

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Ok thank you Silent, I thought it would be easy to reintroduce, therefore I wanted to ask before 2.13 is released :-)

I would expect that we will move our Unigine script codebase to a C++ Plugin DLL once the replacement for the Tracker becomes available.

Many thanks

Helmut