Clouds horizon touching II

photo

I experiece an issue I cannot solve.

I try to create horizon clouds, which covers the gap betwee my near clouds and the landscape. (as the clouds itself donts cover the whole way through to the horizont line).

As I try to move the 2nd cloudlayer lower a specific value, the clouds rendering 'jumps' to the forground covering all other objects.

I cannot set it to be rendered in the background.

As well I dont see any possibility to close that gap between clouds and horizont.

In my previous post I thought its possible .... it is, but just in an empty scene.....

This line becomes pretty visible, depending on the some sky/time settings.

I really want to get rid of it as it is too present, creating a stripe in the very center of the screen.

pls help.

Thx. Werner

cloudsHor2.JPG

cloudsHor.JPG

This is current limitations of clouds object (we hope that situation will improve with 2.12 update). Right now the only way to mask this is to "play" with Haze Gradient parameter of the Clouds material and overall Haze settings trying to mask the gap.

Alternative solution is a bit tricky: you can add GeodeticPivot node and make clouds child of the Geodetic object. By adjusting the Ellipsoid settings (Reference -> Custom) you can force clouds to hide below the horizon. At least if your camera Z position is about 0-15m it should be OK. It's total fake (especially with the custom non-realistic values) and costs some performance on CPU (as well on GPU).

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

1 hour ago, silent said:

Right now the only way to mask this is to "play" with Haze Gradient parameter of the Clouds material and overall Haze settings trying to mask the gap.

I had no success with the haze settings, it can cover up some hard edges but not get rid of the seam completely.

I will try the fake ! ;)

Edited by werner.poetzelberger

I have another issue.

So I want to do 2 cloud layers.

a) Horizont clouds. Layer with a field weather in the center, cutting out a huge hole. 20000 x 20000 x 20000, so that the clouds are only visible as a horizon line.

That works.

b) a Cloudlayer, which is 'filling' the rest of the sky. 

That works

If I turn on BOTH, the a) doenst respect the field weather, so both FULL cloud layers are combined.

Why is that? 

Is there a certain Order of rendering?

How can I disply both as needed?

I have set the field mask settings correctly...

Thx.w.

This time it behaves differently:

WIth ALLON: The field Weather cuts out both, BUT there is no mask set for the 'regular'clouds.

So basically, the regular clouds are ignored when I use the field.

Again, on their own, they work as they should.

ALL On, Clouds and Field

AllOn.JPG

Both ON, NO Field:

BothOnNoField.JPG

Clouds on its own ON

cloudsOn.JPG

Hor Clouds, No field

HoronNOfield.JPG

Hor Clouds with field

Horonwithfield.JPG