Landscape collision not working

photo

I've added the ObjectLandscapeTerrain & LandscapeLayerMap nodes to my project, configured the height & albedo maps, and it is looking beautiful! 

Unfortunately, the collision detection is not working (my objects are falling through the landscape). I've checked all the collision flags on the surfaces and layer maps. I even added bodies & shapes but to no avail. 

Are there any other steps required? Can you please confirm that this functionality is working?

I'm using Unigine v2.11 Community Edition. 

Great engine, by the way!

Thanks,

On 4/29/2020 at 9:16 PM, jason.dicker said:

I've added the ObjectLandscapeTerrain & LandscapeLayerMap nodes to my project, configured the height & albedo maps, and it is looking beautiful! 

Unfortunately, the collision detection is not working (my objects are falling through the landscape). I've checked all the collision flags on the surfaces and layer maps. I even added bodies & shapes but to no avail. 

Are there any other steps required? Can you please confirm that this functionality is working?

I'm using Unigine v2.11 Community Edition. 

Great engine, by the way!

Thanks,

Hello!

As I can see your collision flags are setup properly, but what about Body Shapes on surfaces at Physics sections? Following the documentation https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/future/principles/physics/collision/?rlang=cs  if the object has no shape then collisions will not work too

So, based on what was said earlier you shall add some shape on your mesh at physics section and then try to reproduce issue again, see example below:

Also, open console and make sure that all available CPUs are used to perform multi-threaded physical calculations calling the following command "physics_threaded 2":

Thanks!

I've added a rigid body and shape to my object, but the issue still persists. I think there's something wrong with the Lanscape object, because if I replace it with a normal ground plane (ObjectMeshDynamic) then the collisions work as expected. 

Can we perhaps arrange for an online session to discuss and resolve? (MS Teams/ZOOM) 

Thanks

Hi Jason,

You can also send us your current project (all the contents inside data directory) to check. We don't have any similar issues with collisions, so it may be some trivial issue. You can zip your data and upload to our FTP or use any file hosting you prefer.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

I've attached a sample project that reproduces the issue. Just press run, and some of the objects should fall through the terrain.

I'm sure it's something trivial... Thanks for the help

sample_project.zip

Hi Jason,

That's looks like a bug that we already found after 2.11 release. Collisions with LandscapeTerrain may work incorrectly with 2 cores CPU (3+ is fine). However, in our case we were able to reproduce it only with PlayerActor object (other physical interactions worked correctly).

Thank you for the test scene, that would for sure help us to finally fix this issue.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• 9 months later...

You need to make sure the density of your mesh is high enough for intersections. I just had the same problem, which is why im on this thread. I have a gold bar I modeled in 3ds max. I havent been able to keep it from falling through the terrain for the last 30 min. So i brought it back into max, added a shell modifier and reimported it. Now its working perfect.