[SOLVED] Import FBX problem

photo

I have a problem with import fbx model to Unigine, with Blender and Unity it's okay. I also for test used another one model just to check if there is an issue too but second one looks okay. So questions:

1. What I needs to check to fix reverted hull?

2. How to disable back face culling if it's possible.

fbx_unigine.thumb.jpg.92d1d21aae4372398c05ec0b6c255c9e.jpgfbx_unity.jpg.4103a192f044d756412a8cc9613dafca.jpgfbx_blender.thumb.jpg.8fcd71237d093b33ef51977c43a9209d.jpg

Hi Oleg,

Could you please send us these FBX files for tests? You can PM me via following link: https://developer.unigine.com/forum/messenger/compose/?to=676

Currently we do not support files with negative scale factor, so maybe that's the root cause of this behavior.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hello,

your 'back face culling' looks like reversed normals, could that be? Usually you should correct that in your modelling tool.

But you can use 'two sided' option in the material, so you can display your faces which show the oposing face normals.

Normals or what ? Hmm can you be a bit more specific, it is hard to tell from the screenshot what happens.

Best.

Werner

8 minutes ago, werner.poetzelberger said:

Usually you should correct that in your modelling tool.

Just checked model, it has geometry on inner and outer part, so it's not back face culling. And about reverted normals, I used this models in custom app and imported from 3DS Max to Blender, from blender to Unity, no issues.

10 minutes ago, silent said:

Could you please send us these FBX files for tests?

Send in private

5 minutes ago, oleg.ferapontov said:

Just checked model, it has geometry on inner and outer part, so it's not back face culling. And about reverted normals, I used this models in custom app and imported from 3DS Max to Blender, from blender to Unity, no issues.

So is it a hole then? or missing model?

Thanks to @silent now it's okay, it was negative scale as been mentioned, fixed in 3DS Max and hull is okay, needs to do the same for all other parts.

image.thumb.png.3764ae4b6e7e9d96fa2de64042dcf883.png

Edited by oleg.ferapontov
  • silent changed the title to [SOLVED] Import FBX problem