[SOLVED] mesh_reflection_cube_base has distorted reflection

photo

post-49-0-79062800-1310206213_thumb.jpg

see the attachement, I'm trying to use reflection on floor, the floor are single object , a planar object with it's pivot in object center, then I created a material inherited from mesh_reflection_cube_base, with default adjust paramater, the reflection are distorted, if I set adjust to 0 then:

post-49-0-38248100-1310206208_thumb.jpg

the reflection don't have distortion, but scaled up. how can I create a correct floor reflection?

I also tried to export the floor object using world coordinate, then no matter what value of adjust, the reflection are always wrong.

But the ObjectWater and ObjectWaterMesh don't have this kind of problem.

If you want to create a reflective floor, use a simple mesh_reflection_2d_base. (Just a reminder, always export reflective surfaces at the 0 of the coordinates: pivot at the object center also will do). mesh_reflection_cube_base material is used to create reflective surfaces that are non-flat, bumpy and altogether complex-shaped. You can use samples > materials > reflection_01 as a reference.

thank you for help, I still have some problem.

I can make the floor object a single object with it's pivot placed on it's geometry center, but what if I need some reflection on walls, I should still using mesh_reflection_2d_base? and seperate each wall to single object?

Nope, in this case, we recommend the following:

1. Export the floor and walls as separate surfaces. The floor should be exported at 0.
  2. Use mesh_reflection_2d_base for the floor (with dynamical reflections).
  3. To create reflections on all walls, use mesh_reflection_cube_base with baked reflections (Materials -> States -> uncheck Dynamical). The issue is, if you going to use dynamical reflections on the floor as well as on the walls, you will get a performance hit as a result. Plus, you will need to export each wall at the 0 of the coordinates. Baked reflections allow to avoid all these problems.
  4. For wall material, set Parameters -> Reflection -> Adjust to 0 to avoid distortion.

That should settle it.