Can get VR to work

photo

Hello, Im trying to se if this is a engine for me, but I really cant get VR experience to work. Even on sample project I cant get it to play in my Oculus Quest. I connect with link cable and push play in Unigine SDK browser and then nothing happens in VR headsett but It plays on the computer screen 

Please help

Hello,

To run a project in VR you need a VR plugin (included in the SDK).

Here's a brief how-to:

1. Go to the SDK Browser, click on "Other Actions" tab of your project, then Configure → Plugins. You'll see this:

image.png

2. Select Oculus support, then Ok and Update Configuration.

This will copy required plugin to your project.

Then you'll need to enable VR renderering by default. Go to Options and change Stereo 3D mode.

image.png

Now you're ready to run a demo in VR.

Important notice: when you're launching a project not from the SDK Browser, make sure you've added -extern_plugin AppOculus argument. This will load the required plugin and switch the application to the VR mode.

Please check this article for more info on VR: https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.11/start/vr/?rlang=cpp

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Thank you! Will give it a try! :D 

edit: well 

I follow the tutorial and when I try to edit VR_Sample the editor window is black and log this:

Do you know what this is? 

---- Editor ----

Version: 2.11.0.0 ver-2.11.0.0-7af5308 Apr 10 2020

Binary: Windows MSVC 19.0.24215.1

Loading "libHAPIL.dll"...

HoudiniWrapper::init(): can't load "libHAPIL.dll" library, Houdini integration disabled

Editor.PluginSystem: Plugin search paths: QVector("C:/Users/Martin/Documents/UNIGINE Projects/vr_sample/bin/editor")

---- Interpreter ----

Version: 2.90

Unigine~# config_readonly 0

Interpreter::restore_state(): different library name

Script loading "core/unigine.usc" 24ms

Loading "core/locale/unigine.locale" dictionary 0ms

----Load cache textures----

Cache textures loaded 203 (46ms)

One more thing. In step 3 on the link you sent me it says "Don't forget to set the appropriate platform and configuration settings for your project before compiling your code in Visual Studio." How do I do that? I cant find any button saying "open in visual studio" in unigine. 

thank you 

Edited by KOJEF39392

Okay, let's rewind a little.

You have the following options to start a VR project:

1. Download VR Sample from Samples/Demos in the SDK Browser. It's a C++ demo that requires compilation in Visual Studio. In this case you need to launch a compiled binary with AppOculus plugin, it will not work from the editor. To do this you open Visual Studio (Edit Code button in the SDK Browser), compile, configure, and run it.
  2. Create an empty project and select VR template. It works for C++ and C#. C# project can be compiled in the editor, this means you can run your game just by clicking "Play" button in the editor.

In any case you'll need Oculus software running to launch a VR application with Oculus Quest.

I assume you copied VR Sample as a project? Please, confirm.

If you're not familiar with C++ and Visual studio, create a new project with C# .NET Core. After that just configure the scene and hit Play button. We recently solved similar Oculus Quest question in Discord: https://discord.gg/vcYTy8

So, you're welcome to join :)

• Like 1

---

Du you have a video "from the beginning of setup to playing the vr_sample?" Im very happy for your help, but I am new to Visual Basic and some of what you saying is lacking explanation for me to understand correctly how to set up to try out the vr_sample. 

I have Visual Basic open now. I clicked the "Open Code IDE" button in "my projects" folder in Unigine sdk browser.  But I cant find "compile" button anywhere. 

thanks

Okay,

Let's try the second option with C# .NET Core project? I believe it'll be much easier for a fresh start?

The steps are the following:

1. Create new C# project and select VR template
  2. Go to the editor
  3. Select Oculus launcher
  4. Click "Run" button

Here's the short video. I don't have Oculus at home, so you'll see an error in the end.

7 hours ago, KOJEF39392 said:

I have Visual Basic open now. I clicked the "Open Code IDE" button in "my projects" folder in Unigine sdk browser.  But I cant find "compile" button anywhere. 

Not sure what do you mean by Visual Basic. If you want to use your C++ demo you need to compile (build) it in Microsoft Visual Studio:

image.png

---