[SOLVED] AppWall + Syncker

photo

Hello,

I have a 2x1 AppWall on both Syncker master and slave. Display 0 has no post-process material, Display 1 has a IR post-process material. I set extern_define="PROJECTION_USER". In the postUpdate function I set the same modelview matrix for both displays, but 2 different projection matrices with different FOVs. This works as expected without the Syncker plugin. When using Syncker it seems to me that the post-process materials are applied correctly, but both displays use the same (standard) projection matrix. Does Syncker override the projection matrices even with the PROJECTION_USER define set? How can I set different FOVs for the displays?

Best regards

Christian

Hello Christian,

Syncker doesn't allow you to modify FoV for each display independently. It was designed for multi-channel rigs used for out-of-the-window view, there's always only one observer and FoV is calculated according its position.

Can you explain a bit more on your case? What setup you're looking for?

Thanks.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hello morbid,

the simulation contains several Multi-Sensor platforms which shall see the same physical world ~> syncker. Each platform contains 1 daylight + 1 thermal imager, which can be operated independently (same line of sight, maybe different field of views) ~> AppWall.

Best regards,

Christian

You can do this only by modifying Syncker source code (<sdk>\source\plugins\Network\Syncker\source\Syncker.cpp).

346 : void SynckerBase::render_projections()

Use return; in the beginning to avoid calling this function.

We'll think of possible API upgrades to make this easier in the future versions.

Thanks.

---

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I cannot find the syncker source in SDK 2.13.0.1 (<sdk>\source\plugins\Network\Syncker\source\Syncker.cpp)

Was it removed?

Is it possible to do it by API now?

Best regards,

Christian

• silent changed the title to [SOLVED] AppWall + Syncker
  • 1 year later...

Hi @morbid! Am i right, if I use sdk version 2.10.0.2 I still have to change this function, to be able to change FOV inside syncker application?

346 : void SynckerBase::render_projections()

I have done it, but I can't rebuild engine source code properly, using build.py file from

sdks/sim_per_channel_linux_2.10.0.2/source

I have the next output:

sdks/sim_per_channel_linux_2.10.0.2/source/engine -B/home/astra/Unigine_setup_1/UNIGINE_Sim_Per_Channel_Linux_2.10.0.2/sdks/sim_per_channel_linux_2.10.0.2/junk/engine_release_float_nn -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DUNIGINE_DEBUG=FALSE
CMake Error: The source directory "/home/astra/Unigine_setup_1/UNIGINE_Sim_Per_Channel_Linux_2.10.0.2/sdks/sim_per_channel_linux_2.10.0.2/source/engine" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
Command cmake  -H/home/astra/Unigine_setup_1/UNIGINE_Sim_Per_Channel_Linux_2.10.0.2/sdks/sim_per_channel_linux_2.10.0.2/source/engine -B/home/astra/Unigine_setup_1/UNIGINE_Sim_Per_Channel_Linux_2.10.0.2/sdks/sim_per_channel_linux_2.10.0.2/junk/engine_release_float_nn -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DUNIGINE_DEBUG=FALSE failed
Build FAILED!

What should I do to build it properly? Thanks!!

Edited by boltut

You can't rebuild engine without it's source code.

In order to rebuild Syncker you need to have:

1. Python 2.7.x installed and running correctly;
  2. Execute <SDK>/source/build.py with the following command line:
    python2 -u build.py --component plugins --plugin Syncker --type release --bits 64 --precision double
  3. Copy built <SDK>/bin/Syncker*.so to your project's directory

Make sure that you don't have any spaces in the full path to the SDK.

---

1 hour ago, silent said:

You can't rebuild engine without it's source code.

In order to rebuild Syncker you need to have:

1. Python 2.7.x installed and running correctly;
  2. Execute <SDK>/source/build.py with the following command line:
    python2 -u build.py --component plugins --plugin Syncker --type release --bits 64 --precision double
  3. Copy built <SDK>/bin/Syncker*.so to your project's directory

Make sure that you don't have any spaces in the full path to the SDK.

Thanks! I have tried, but I have the next as result. What should I do further. I use cmake version 3.25.1

photo_2022-12-01_13-45-55.jpg

Hard to guess.

Maybe python is not installed correctly or overall development environment is not being fully setup.

Try to contact our dedicated support team via private helpdesk and probably we can figure out the next steps: https://developer.unigine.com/en/personal/create-support-ticket

---

• silent locked this topic