[SOLVED] IG slaves with multiples cameras

photo

Hello,

I'm trying to have a setup where some slaves display a different camera from the master, with a CIGI host.

I can change the camera on the master with Game::get()->setPlayer(player), but this changes the view on all slaves too.

Use case:

• master and all slaves starts with the default cigi camera
  • User press a key on master to go free roaming on master (that part works currently) but *some* other slaves must still have the default cigi camera
  • User press another key on master to toggle the camera on another slave (left shoulder to right shoulder for example) while not modifying the master and the previous slaves

Thanks!

Hello! 
you can use setSlavePlayer

syncker_master->setSlavePlayer(1 << unique_slave_num, slave_player); // for set another camera on specific slave. this turns off the synchronization of the main camera.
syncker_master->setSlavePlayer(~(1 << unique_slave_num), Game::getPlayer()); // for set main camera on other camera

// ========

syncker_master->setSyncPlayer(1); // for return all slaves on main camera

That should do the trick! But how can I find the "unique_slave_num" for a specific slave? What if my slaves are not always started in the same order? Can a slave know in any way its slave_num to give it to the master along with its preferred player name?

Thank you!

for (int i = 0; i < syncker_master->getNumSlaves(); i++)
{
	if (strcmp(syncker_master->getSlaveView(i, 0), "left") == 0) //"left" name in Syncker
	{
		syncker_manager->setSlavePlayer(1<<i, view->getPlayer()->getPlayer());
		Log::message("set view %d to slave %d \n", view->getID(), i);
	}
}

smth like this

• Like 1
  • silent changed the title to [SOLVED] IG slaves with multiples cameras