[SOLVED] Deleting nodes loaded from FbxImporter


photo

Recommended Posts

Hi, I have faced some problems when reloading world after loading nodes that were imported with FbxImporter. SDK is 2.9.0.0 and application is 'Only Unigine Script'

The app workflow is the following:

  1. App looks, at startup, for all FBX stored in some known folders. Being each folder a type of entity.
  2. All FBX are imported and stored in a temporal folder.
  3. When all FBX and its '.node' files are created, some instances of each FBX are loaded in scene via node_load()
  4. Nodes can be deleted and loaded again many times. Nodes are deleted via node_delete()
  5. When app is closed, all nodes are deleted.

Runtime create/delete works fine but when we run world_reload command, the application crashes.
We tried same behaviour but, instead of using FBX nodes, using nodes created in editor. In this case, application does not crash on world_reload.
We exported this non-crashing nodes as FBX with editor. Using these FBX also makes an app crash.

I have attached an example (without bin/ folder) that reproduces the issue.

Any tips of what may I be doing wrong?

Regards, Javier

delete_test.7z

Link to post

Hello Javier,

I've reproduced the crash, we're investigating this. Will update you as soon as get any news.

May I ask you why 2.9? The initial release had some issues and we patched it. Please, use 2.9.0.2.

Thanks.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Link to post

Hi Morbid,

I just made a quick sample in 2.9.0.0 but App is in 2.9.0.2. Crash appears in both versions.
As runtime create/delete is Ok, we don't need a quick fix but we have plans for changing world in the future.

Thanks!

Link to post
  • 2 months later...
  • morbid changed the title to [SOLVED] Deleting nodes loaded from FbxImporter

Great news. I'll try to update project to 2.10.
Thanks!!

Link to post

I've discovered a new issue with your sample in 2.10. These nodes operations made a phantom copies in the scene origin that remain even after deletion.

However, this was fixed in 2.11, stable release ETA — end of March.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Link to post