Differences btw licenses detailed

photo

Looking at Engineering vs Entertainment differences some major one are highlighted in the comparison btw the SDK

But I think there are many more technical details not written in these macro list, i. e. the new weather add-on, or the fact in the entertainment you can't import shape files (as example for generating buildings from OSM data) just the two coming up in my mind. 

Will be possible to have (or there is already and I didn't find it) a complete differences list, as example with a filter in the documentation that filter the features reserved for a specific license. 

Edited by davide445

Hello Davide,

We'll add Weather add-on into the comparison list, sorry about this. As for the OSM data — it's still a sort of georeferenced data which is not supported in the Entertainment edition. We process all vector as georeferenced data, because, as a rule, all shapefiles are coming from GIS software.

So there're no secrets about different versions.

Thanks for reminding about Weather add-on.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hello morbid

Not a question of secret of course, just make it easier and clearer. 

The fact shape file is a sort of geo referenced data for me was not clear, shape file didn't contain any geo information just vector data as far as I know (might be wrong). 

This was just as example, there are maybe other details considered as granted that are not so clear to decode, and might result in unwanted surprise and dissatisfaction from the customer side (not my case so far) or a lost opportunity to highlight the most advanced features on your side. 

Edited by davide445
1 hour ago, davide445 said:

The fact shape file is a sort of geo referenced data for me was not clear, shape file didn't contain any geo information just vector data as far as I know (might be wrong). 

I understand, we'll think of improvements to make the comparison more obvious and transparent for the customer.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: