[SOLVED] Unhide all child nodes / previously hidden

photo

On the new project with 8000 different nodes, I needed to hide some of the sub and sub-subnodes of one specific element.

Working on a new node I lost what node I was previously working on, and having thousand of them with similar names (coming from a Revit export) it's impossible to find it by hand, so I'm not able to unhide the subnodes.

Select all and hide/unhide didn't unhide these subnodes, there is any way to? I dind't also find any filter able to just select the hidden nodes, that might also solve my problem.

Attached a small example of the structure on the node I'm now working on

image.png.5941d954682a4ab5dd43c446e7a0e77f.png

Edited by davide445

Hi Davide,

I think you can try direct XML modification. Open your world file in some advanced text editor (Notepad++, Sublime) and use Find and Replace.

All disabled nodes will have enabled="0" parameter. To enable them just delete the parameter.

Of course, I'd like to recommend hierarchy optimization (if this is possible).

Thanks.

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Thanks morbid. I discovered casually what was the hidden nodes and unhiddened them by hand, so will try next time.

Just a suggestion, an option in the UI to "hide/unhide all recursivelly" will be useful.

We are re-organizing just the strictly necessary since organizing the whole 8000 elements by hand it's really time consuming. Didn't find so far an easy way to select elements automatically except using some script in 3dsmax with some limitations.

Edit: discovered a stupid trick, on the top node use RMB "Select child nodes" and next hide and unhide all, but work for me only doing this from the first subnode.

Edited by davide445