UniginePtr.h pointer is NULL error

photo

I randomly started getting this error late yesterday.  I'm stumped as to what is causing it.  I've tried reverting my code to before I started receiving the error and it still pops up.  I'm running 2.9.0.2

image.png.e4f74b2c46507ac2e6fd10d82c42b3d3.png

Randomly as in I couldn't see any reason for the error, however, the behavior was consistent in that it crashed every single time.  I had moved a node to act as a child in another node but even after reverting back to the original scene I kept receiving the error.  I ended up reverting to a previous version of the project that I had as a backup.  If it happens again and I can pin-point it I'll let you know.

• 3 months later...

So I've created an additional world with a different terrain to load in my simulator (running 2.9.0.2).

When I run the original world in either master or slave mode no problem.  When I run the new world in master mode no problem.  When I run the new world in slave mode I'm getting the pointer error.

Unigine fatal error: c:\unigine sdk browser\sdks\sim_per_channel_windows_2.9.0.2\include\unigineptr.h:54: Assertion: 'pointer && "Unigine::Ptr::operator->(): pointer is NULL"'

I'm selecting the world to load through the .bat file

@echo off
chcp 65001
setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion
set app=bin\GoldBeach_x64.exe

start %app% -system_script core/systems/syncker/unigine.cpp -sync_master 0 -sync_broadcast_address 128.61.191.255 -sync_slave_name "instruments"   -video_app auto -video_vsync 0 -video_refresh 0 -video_mode -1 -video_resizable 1 -video_fullscreen 2 -video_width 1920 -video_height 1080 -video_debug 0 -video_gamma 1.000000 -sound_app auto -data_path "../data/"  -engine_config "../data/unigine.cfg" -extern_plugin "OpenFlight,FbxImporter,CadImporter,GLTFImporter,Syncker,AppEasyBlend" -calibration_file "C:\Program Files\Scalable Display\DEI\LocalCalibration\ScalableData.ol" -console_command "config_readonly 1 && world_load \"LA\""

Hi Robert,

Have you tried to build debug version of your app and do a step-by-step debugging in IDE? If you can't find the root cause, could you please send us your project (data and source directories) with a build instructions and reproduction steps?

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: