RAM usage and memory leak with syncker enabled

photo

Hello,

Doing some basic tests here when I stumbled upon a strange behavior that I never noticed before 2.9.0.2 (though it could have existed before).

-Create a new project with 2.9.0.2, with AppEasyBlend, IG, Syncker, Geodetics, ComponentSystem

-Immediately run it: RAM usage skyrockets at more than 7 GB for this single process!

- Close it and add the two master/slaves launch scripts attached.

- start MASTER script : RAM usage again goes above 7 GB

- start SLAVE script (on the same machine): for both process, the RAM drops down low, then rapidly and steadily increases, continuously.

No CIGI host is connected.

launch_release - MASTER.bat launch_release - SLAVE.bat

Edited by Amerio.Stephane

Just tested with another PC, with a different system configuration: NO problem detected (RAM usage is normal, no memory leak).

So obviously something from the system must be interfering. What should I look for? (PC with issue is Win7, other is Win10)

Testing the Engine:Dev build, out of the box (nothing patched, nothing recompiled). Tomorrow I'll try to run the Win7 install on the Win10 machine and vice-versa.

Any tests you think of could help me narrow this with our IT.

Development build always consumes more RAM because of Microprofile, but our tests never shown anything higher than 2Gb consumption.

We tested it on:

• Windows 7 build 7601 service pack 1
  • Windows 10 build 17763.737

I'd like to know the following:

• What Windows builds you're using?
  • Is the issue reproducible? I mean, is every start on Windows 7 consumes ~7 Gb of RAM?
  • Does this happen only when Syncker plugin is loaded? Or it should be the exact combination?

Thanks.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Done some tests, with a new project, with no plugins at all (setup kept as all default value):

Tested both 2.9.0.2 and 2.8.0.1: same results. Multiple reboot done. Even tested on a fresh IT install (so, a fresh Win10 but with all our IT setup, can't go around that).

Engine:Dev builds always consume many GB of RAM on many machines here, but strangely the value is not the same for all machines: some peak at 7.7GB, others as low as 2GB. Machines were Win7 or Win10. Mine peaks at 7.7GB (Win7 SP1, 7601)

Engine:Release builds consume ~100MB on all machines.

I understand that the Dev is built with microprofile and hence needs more memory, but I don't understand why THAT much (7GB!) and even more why the qty would be different on some machines (same project build). Is there some console/tweaks I can do help debug/track this?

Thanks for your help!

Double Intel Xeon E5-2650v3 (task manager shows 40 cores) -> 7.7GB

Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60Ghz (16 cores) -> 5.2GB

Intel Core i7-3770K @3.50Ghz (8 cores) -> 2.9GB

When launch_debug.bat is used, RAM usage is ~100MB. So I guess my comment on Wed 9PM was because I actually started the debug version, because on this PC the release(dev) version reaches 2.9GB.

Edited by Amerio.Stephane

Ok, I'll run the debug/non-dev version for now. FYI, this became a problem because for test purposes I need to run 3 IG on the same PC and of course this exhausts RAM.