Setup LightVoxelProbe for specified objects

photo

Hello,

Thank you for the tips. I would like to affect scene by one Light...Probe and some objects in the same area of the scene with different Light...Probe. The easiest example will be a scene iluminated for e.g by yellow light and some of the object inside of it by blue light (with use of 2 probes with colored lights). The real need is to adjust scene in specific way which I cannot do with just one probe.

ps. As I see the light passes works just for transparent objects and for default such objects are not affected by any of probe (except Blend Test mode).

Thanks

Edited by Klimczak.Jan

Easiest way to set up such type of scene i use multiple probes, just make small probe for object inside of bigger probe for whole scene. This is pretty standard pipeline but usually it used for creating a small high-detail voxel probe inside a large low-detail one. 

Also keep in mind additive blending parameter when using such setup

• Like 1

That's good functionality. But I need something different as additive blending probes because what I would like to do is to make lighetr the outer probe (with bigger ambient intensity) and to have inside it second probe which will have smaller ambient value than outside one. So what I need is not additive blending but something different mode (the best one would be replace). Also the way to select which object will be reflected by probes at bit masking also it could be very good solution. It is possible to do that ?

Edited by Klimczak.Jan

Smaller probes have higher priority, so if you disable Additive Blending small probe will be visible over bigger one, but depending on other probe settings there may be seen well-defined border.
Bit masking in reflections usually used to avoid baking extra lods, cause even if you cut object by  using Reflection Viewport Mask, its shadow still be beaked to reflection texture. Easiest way is to just disable objects while baking, and enable them after it

• Like 1