CIGI interpolation

photo

Hello.
While experimenting with asynchronous packet handling, when setting EntityControl "Linear Extrapolation/Interpolation Enable" to true, entity is set to 0 0 0 regardless of all.
Therefore IGControl is set fine - "Extrapolation/Interpolation Enable" is true, "Timestamp Valid" is true, and timestamp set correctly.
Its lack on documentation on this - how to make asynchronous interpolation to work correct?

So position of entity is fully determined by received Entity control packets with some frequency?
What if there be some lag on host/network - there will be freeze?

And, btw, as use of "Linear Extrapolation/Interpolation Enable" in EntityControl is broken, maybe its incorrect to not include this into 
image.png.eb47c07203d067e5e030eb69829a5915.png

Edited by qwert_e

Well it's not broken. But I see this data can lead to a misunderstanding, we'll think of improvements in the documentation.

As you can see, timestamp isn't supported, which means Extrapolation/Interpolation can't be fully utilized. We do support simple extrapolation between frames.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

8 minutes ago, morbid said:

Well it's not broken. But I see this data can lead to a misunderstanding, we'll think of improvements in the documentation.

As you can see, timestamp isn't supported, which means Extrapolation/Interpolation can't be fully utilized. We do support simple extrapolation between frames.

Didn`t get this fully...
Can you provide some information about that?

Okay, actually, there's nothing new I can tell after talking to the IG developers.

The documentation misleads because we do support Extrapolation/Interpolation flag for ig_control, but it doesn't work without Timestamp. We plan to add asynchronous mode in 2.10+ (2.9 will be in the beginning of the August).

Simple extrapolation/interpolation is provided by Syncker plugin, it smooths objects movement.

Returning to one of your first questions:

18 hours ago, qwert_e said:

What if there be some lag on host/network - there will be freeze?

If the CIGI Host will lag the IG will also slow down.

Thanks.

Edited by morbid
typo
  • Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

42 minutes ago, morbid said:

Okay, actually, there's nothing new I can tell after talking to the IG developers.

The documentation misleads because we do support Extrapolation/Interpolation flag for entity_control, but it doesn't work without Timestamp. We plan to add asynchronous mode in 2.10+ (2.9 will be in the beginning of the August).

Simple extrapolation/interpolation is provided by Syncker plugin, it smooths objects movement.

Returning to one of your first questions:

If the CIGI Host will lag the IG will also slow down.

Thanks.

Thanks!