CIGI and Global Water 'Ground' Contact

photo

I recently updated to 2.8 and noticed that when I fly over the global water object I can now land on it as if it were a flat plane, where with 2.7.3 I would go through the water.  Was the water added as having ground contact in the new update?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks,

I've been reading through the documentation and I don't see how to turn off ocean contact.  Is it done through the collision bit mask?

In the hat-hot, contact with global water always works, as well as to the terrain.

When we did this, it seemed logical (except submarines).
For submarines, you can simply periodically run the LOS request.

Tell us more about your case: when is it necessary to remove the water contact?

I'm modeling landing helicopters on small naval ships.  Occasionally if the sea state is rough enough the ship's landing deck will dip low enough that the water can come onto the deck.  When this happens my helicopter has a tendency to then 'stick' to the water/ground and slide off of the deck.

I understood you. We will add a mask to the intersection of the water test condition on terrain_intersection_mask.

At the moment, you can try to set a unique intersection mask for the ObjectWaterGlobal, and when processing the hat-hot response, ignore the answers with such a mask. Or use workarround: in AppWorldLogic create new ObjectWaterGlobal, translate it lower, disable node, and set ig_manager->getWater()->setWaterNode(new_water_node). 

• 3 weeks later...

I see that 2.9 is out and that you added support to filter the water collisions.  Could you please give a short example of how to turn off the water collisions with the c++ api?  Thanks for the help.