Editor functionality in an Application

photo

Hi,

i am wondering it there is a way to have some of the editor functionality in an application.
I have a project based on the VR template, but would like to be able to select nodes with mouse when running the programm in desktop mode, and be able to move them/rotate along the visible axis, just like in the editor (preferrably with option to set the increment).
There is one sample on selecting nodes - selection_00, it is a good start,  under UnigineScript (systems) but i dont know how to translate it to C++.

But is it basically possible to use the code from editor to enable moving/rotating of the nodes? As far as i understand, the editor must be loaded for its logic to work. Or is there another way to do it?

Hi Piotr,

UnigineEditor is a complex Qt-based application, copy-pasting part of its functionality into your application just wouldn't work. Some of our users developing their own specialized editors, it requires advanced programming.

I guess you can rewrite UnigineScript samples into C++, the syntax is very similar.

And could you elaborate on your task? Do you want to select object and rotate only?

Thanks.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi Morbid!

Ok, i got it. 

I would like to be able to select, move and rotate along the selected axis, just the way one can do it within the editor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Morbid,

i'm just back from a long holiday and wanted to try out the source code.
After fixing source file paths i'm left with one last error i don't know how to solve - the Linker can't open file "Unigine_double_x64d.lib".
I was looking for the file, but can't find it anywhere.
Do you have any idea what could cause this problem?

Edited by piotr.karkocha

I have already set the paths just as in the default projects, both for the c++ and linker. And there is no such file in my lib directory in the sdk, i just does not exist. 
Could it be because of me using the entertainment version und you working with the sim version?

Yes, there is the lib folder, i just wanted to say there was no unigine_double_x64.lib inside, now i understand what it is for. 
OK. I have updated ALL the paths, thanks for this hint.
I was trying hard but still i cannot build it. Im getting a linker error LNK 2001(NodeHelper.obj), unresolved external symbols at: 

""public: virtual class Unigine::WorldBoundSphere const & __cdecl Unigine::NodeExternBase::getWorldBoundSphere(void)" (?getWorldBoundSphere@NodeExternBase@Unigine@@UEAAAEBVWorldBoundSphere@2@XZ)".    WidgetManipulator_sample    C:\Users\karko\OneDrive\Dokumente\UNIGINE Projects\unigine_project_1\source\NodeHelper.obj    1    

""public: virtual class Unigine::WorldBoundBox const & __cdecl Unigine::NodeExternBase::getWorldBoundBox(void)" (?getWorldBoundBox@NodeExternBase@Unigine@@UEAAAEBVWorldBoundBox@2@XZ)".    WidgetManipulator_sample    C:\Users\karko\OneDrive\Dokumente\UNIGINE Projects\unigine_project_1\source\NodeHelper.obj    1    

Possibly there is still sth missing, maybe some dll. Could it still be because of the fact the project was done with a SIM engine version?
Maybe you could post a bulid made on the entertainment version? I just cant figure out how to define the source of the problem.

Hello Piotr,

Sorry for sending you double precision project, it slipped out of my mind.

I've attached a cleaned *.vcxproj file that successfully compiles. You'll need to replace these paths to the SDK to your ones:

• D:/SDK/sdks/entertainment_windows_2.8.0.1/
  • D:\SDK\sdks\entertainment_windows_2.8.0.1\

Thanks.

WidgetManipulator_sample.zip

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: